IGNORED

1984 Venture but is it a Royale

Definitely not a Royale, not only the badging but the schraeder valve beside the ignition switch gives it away......... May have been repainted at one time too.

I would suggest just pulling the muffler off of the right side till you replace the collector and go riding, mighty fine sound!

Once again, good deal, you have years of enjoyment ahead of you!

The Bike's an enigma/conumdrum. Left counsel is from a standard with an aftermarket am/fm/cd. The right counsel is from a Royale with the CLASS control... it may not have the compressor?? The dash is an '84 with the green Venture Cruise on the speedo, but I'm not totally sure the standard came with cruise as an option?? Don't see the antenna or the left muffler....?????????? Obviously it's been repainted, but if there's any original paint left and it's Red/Maroon it originally was a Royale. If it's Gold it was a standard. Go figure.... :confused07:

The Bike's an enigma/conumdrum. but if there's any original paint left and it's Red/Maroon it originally was a Royale. If it's Gold it was a standard. Go figure.... :confused07:

Hey Jack, my 84's a maroon standard, albeit with the factory scroll pinstriping that I haven't seen on many others.

Hey Jack, my 84's a maroon standard, albeit with the factory scroll pinstriping that I haven't seen on many others.

Maybe so. The pin stripping may hae been added by a PO. In '83 they only had Gold Royales and Red Standards, plus I think the Midnight. I was under the impression that they just swapped the colors for '84, as I have seen a gold '84 standard, and red royales. I own a red royale. I think the only way we'd be able to tell on this '84 is if it has the onboard compressor. It's definately been pieced together.

OK the VIN# has the 41V which the manual says is an XVZ12DL and thats a Royale far as I can tell.

The CLASS is all there and functions, compressor and all.

The antenna is broken off but the mount and coaxial are still there.

The rear floor boards are my addition, the queen needs to be happy. :happy34:

It's been repainted, and mostly done right. Emblems/hardware were removed before paint not just taped off.

The stereo is..... well....? Something to laugh at for sure. LOL

Most of the miss matching seems to be the body panels, so far. But it's mechanically sound and that works for me, I've had very very few good looking vehicles in my life, no sense changing now. :biker:

being such a mish-mash of parts....was it a salvage title on purchase?

That would explain the great price too!

I believe that up here in Ontario we can't license a salvage title...no matter how much new parts we put into it. (or is it we just can import a salvage title?)

there's any original paint left and it's Red/Maroon it originally was a Royale. If it's Gold it was a standard. Go figure.... :confused07:

I have a '84 Maroon STANDARD (original paint)....it never was a Royale...no class, no CB, no cruise

The Bike's an enigma/conumdrum. Left counsel is from a standard with an aftermarket am/fm/cd. The right counsel is from a Royale with the CLASS control... it may not have the compressor?? The dash is an '84 with the green Venture Cruise on the speedo, but I'm not totally sure the standard came with cruise as an option?? Don't see the antenna or the left muffler....?????????? Obviously it's been repainted, but if there's any original paint left and it's Red/Maroon it originally was a Royale. If it's Gold it was a standard. Go figure.... :confused07:

I bought a '84 Royale brand new, rode it until 2004. It was the two tone gold, along with the two matching helmets. They had the two tone blue on display, but it was a standard. Just my two pennies.

Four different color schemes were available in '84. This information is from this site:

1984 gold DL/DK Alluvial Gold/ Silky Gold

1984 red L/KC2 Bright Cherry Red ( single color )

1984 blue L/KC2 Orion Silver / Aurora Silver

1984 red DL/DK New Ruby Red /Romanesque Crimson

Four different color schemes were available in '84. This information is from this site:

1984 gold DL/DK Alluvial Gold/ Silky Gold

1984 red L/KC2 Bright Cherry Red ( single color )

1984 blue L/KC2 Orion Silver / Aurora Silver

1984 red DL/DK New Ruby Red /Romanesque Crimson

Thanks. Now we need to know if any of the colors ever came both ways, or whether they were model specific. I've never seen an '84 Gold Royale....

being such a mish-mash of parts....was it a salvage title on purchase?

That would explain the great price too!

Nope it's got a clean green title and the numbers match. I've looked over the frame carefully and don't find any hints of bends/road rash/repairs and nothing out of place.