IGNORED

I'm Done

BuddyRich

With the Zumo 550. This one needs to be sent in for repair . Its 150 to fix it. Anybody wanting to get a deal on a Zumo 550 PM me. I'll sell this one for 150 and that includes shipping. Will send both mounts also. That will get you a Zumo 550 for 300. I'm beginning to see a need for a bigger screen and that's pretty much the decision maker for me.

Touch screen is stuck. Had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. Its 150 and they send you a rebuilt unit. This is my third one since they came out. They are good units but I want lane guidance and the speed limit showing on the screen now. Have to upgrade for that.

FYI: (maybe for someone who buys it) I find that often something small gets stuck between the bezel and the touch sensor along the bottom edge on my Garmin. This creates a fake permanent touch, disabling the real touch function. I run a thin pc of plastic around the bezel edge to clear it and it works everytime...

I keep thinking that I should sell mine and upgrade like Don did.

I've got mixed feelings about the upgrade to the 665. There are some things that I like better but also some things that I liked better with the 550.

Pluses for the 665 include the larger screen, larger MP3 capacity, lane guidance, clock automatically adjusts for time zone changes when you are traveling.

Things I liked better on the 550 are that the XM receiver was better. It always got a stronger signal than the new one. The 550 would remember if you had the XM on. On the 665 you have to re-start the XM every time you turn off the unit. The touch screen on the 550 was more responsive but not everybody agrees with this. Some feel that the 665 screen is more responsive. Mine is not.

The end result is that I think the 665 is a slightly better unit than the 550 but I don't think it is enough better that I would do it over if I had the chance.

I'm about fed up with Garmin products myself...

My Garmin 550 had to be sent back within 6 months after I bought it. It worked fine for another 6 months and back it went again for the same thing, Then I wrecked my 05 which took care of that Garmin 550 (smashed it all up).

After I bought my GW I purchased a Garmin 7200 LARGE SCREEN.SOme of you saw it at Freebirds and called it my TV...That thing worked great for about 1 year and then it went out. The touch screen quit working on it.

Then I bought a Garmin 1300 two months ago when I was at LA Pryor's place. Last weekend it started messing up. I can see the little car in the screen, but there are NO ROADS shown at all...just the car..

I tried to zoom out and back in, unplugged it and turned it back on but no roads show. Then after about an hour of just leaving it alone, the roads show up but as soon as you try to program it in any way or search for a road, all the roads disappear..What good is it..

For what Garmin charges for these things you would think the product would last longer then 2 to 6 months..

I just may go back to my personal GPS ..

Yo Eck.....I can ship ya a map-reading pygmie so ya won't have to pooch up yer windshield with all that Egyptian writing.....;)

Boomer....who sez ya need to specify male or female pygmie....and I strongly vote fer the male type cuz ya can slap them up side the head and they don't hold a grudge like them female one's do. :whistling: