IGNORED

bbq @ lexington

warriorhoneybee

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys, I'm in Lexington and from our. house you can smell the BBQ cooking.

Looks like I'll be in the car, but I will be over at Wally World. I intend to drive back and park

in one of th lots next to main street. There are usually lots of parking and I've never had any problems

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

Dang you guys have a Lexington too? And it makes BBQ?:whistling: Wow what a coincidence. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Margaret

And the BBQ capital is LEXINGTON, NC. We gonna eat tomorrow and I can hear RiderDuke

"YUM! BBQ"

MIKE aka Uturn

Sorry you can't risk it and you know we'll miss you. My last post - Man that BBQ smells good. The town BBQ places got together back after the first couple festivals and decided to build one place to prepare for the festival. It is actually about 1/5 mile as the crow flies so the air is full of the smell tonight.

Well we will see you at another get together. Take care.

MIKE aka Uturn

gee yammer i could almost understand that if you rode a second gen but a first gen wouldnt get fast enough to make a defferance would it? just kidding i know your first gen turns my second in circles. all joking a side sure did miss you but totaly understand about the temp and leg,my big but drove the cage but please dont tell skid.

I got a carbtune,I got a carbtune,I got a carbtune In the WalMart parking lot.Thank you George and Jeff.Was great seeing everyone again even though the ignition switch went out exiting interstate 40.It pays to carry an extra one.Doesn't look good with 2 switches but I made it there and back home.

Got home a little while ago. Had a great time as usual when meeting with any of our folks. Sorry I didn't get to see some of the folks I understand Kitty and Outcast were there somewhere. A few of us gals were talking about going back to go shopping when the crowds aren't in town. Some of the stores are pretty neat. Got trapped in the candy factory (so sad) so of course I came out with a bag.

Till our next get together.

Margaret

We got home about 1.5 hours ago. We did some shopping along the way at the Outlet Malls that delayed us. Becky got here 2 pairs of Skechers for & 80.00 at which would have cost us nearly $200.00. Plus we got a few more items over 50% off.

Had a GREAT Time as usual! A bit crowded there in Lexington.We all got separated now and then, but we know that Venturing Sole and Riderduke didn't. As they strolled hand in hand to the Out House amongst the crowd! Was that hilarious, as 2 ladies had to stop , turn around and do a double take to look at them again! Mini getting lost among the crowded candy store, Sledgehammer getting company as he laid down to take a nap on the hill at the Lumber Jack competition, Oh the list goes on........................ Shuttled from Wally World was not bad at all. Hardly had to wait getting to the festival and coming back. Weather was Brilliant other than a slightly cool mourning, which warmed up quickly.

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm312/BEERCART/Lexington%20Festival/

Thanks to Tim and Renee for the "CLEAN SHEETS" and their , as always "Hospitality"!

It was a FUN Time as usual !

BEER30

Edited by BEER30

but we know that Venturing Sole and Riderduke didn't. As they strolled hand in hand to the Out House amongst the crowd! Was that hilarious, as 2 ladies had to stop , turn around and do a double take to look at them again!

BEER30

PLEASE tell me that they weren't wearing VentureRider shirts. :doh:

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Wish we could have been there.

Enjoyed seeing everyone yesterday and meeting some more great folks. Curious how many of you stopped by the DQ afterwards?

We went to the Harley dealer afterwards and my brother almost bought an Ultra but someone else bought it before he could even test drive it. I told him it was a sign to buy a RSV.

Link to pics I took

http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/etcswjoe/Bike%20Rides/Lexington%20BBQ%20Festival/

http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/etcswjoe/Bike%20Rides/Lexington%20BBQ%20Festival/

PLEASE tell me that they weren't wearing VentureRider shirts. :doh:

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Wish we could have been there.

Hey Boss, We're SAFE........I Think?

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm312/BEERCART/Lexington%20Festival/IMG_1431.jpg

BEER30

It was good to see everyone and meet new folks. I left Wally World when you guys went to the bus and went back to get Gale and the grandkids, it was about 1100 when we got up to the festival, By then it was wall toall folks and we looked for you everyone and never saw an VR person anywhere. Heck, I lost my wife for about 15 minutes. I guess it was probably a 100K people on the streets during Sat. Hope all made it back home safely. I pulled into Va Beach about 2 hours ago. The ride from Lexington was really great. Thanks to Mini for the Meet and Walmart was a great choice for Park & Ride. I parked at the winery, it was open field and a 1/5 mile walk uphill to the trolley. Hope to see everyone soon.

MIKE aka Uturn