IGNORED

Taurus

Monty

I have several carry guns but my favorite out of all of them is the 709 Slim. Get yourself a leather holster for it also, leather is the only way to go for holsters. I have probably put at least 1000 rounds through the 709 and it has yet to jam on me once. It is a great carry gun and i highly reccomend it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several carry guns but my favorite out of all of them is the 709 Slim. Get yourself a leather holster for it also, leather is the only way to go for holsters. I have probably put at least 1000 rounds through the 709 and it has yet to jam on me once. It is a great carry gun and i highly reccomend it.

Why leather? And what brand of holster do you like Terry?

I'm using a Ready Holster for my Ruger GP100 and it's pretty nice. I was thinking that a leather western style holster would be fun for this gun.

Why leather? And what brand of holster do you like Terry?

I'm using a Ready Holster for my Ruger GP100 and it's pretty nice. I was thinking that a leather western style holster would be fun for this gun.

I just think the leather holsters are much nicer Bob, they just feel better. I get my holsters from a local shop by my house, they are very good quality. I know the Don Hume and Galco holsters are suppose to be very nice ones also. Here is the link to their site....i can also pick you one up too if you wanted me to.

http://www.stonerholsters.com

The 709 is great,. It's just a little harder to conceal with a t-shirt and jeans. That's why I bought it's little brother, to put in my front pocket.

I know alot of people do not like Taurus guns and i am not gonna say that they are the best guns on the market by any means, but they certainly aren't junk either like alot of people claim. I have other more expensive big name guns that i carry also, but i just love the way that the 709 feels when you are carrying it. It is very thin and not big, heavy, and bulky, and i have put alot of rounds through it and i am confident that it wont let me down if i ever have to use it. There is a small learning curve to shooting it though because of the long trigger pull, but once you get used to it, it's a very accurate and reliable gun. The easiest gun to conceal is my LCP .380 but i like the 9mm fire power and accuracy of the 709 better than the LCP. I honestly just can't say enough about the 709 Slim, it is a great gun for concealed carry.

I also have a Smith & Wesson M&P compact .40 that is a super super nice gun, but the 709 Slim is just more comfortable to carry and easier to conceal, especially in the summer time when you are wearing a t-shirt.

Which holster do you use with the 709?

I use a leather holster that has a metal clip that just clips over my pants and the gun is on the outside of my pants and i put my shirt over it. You can also get a leather holster that clips on and goes inside your pants. The only thing there is you gotta wear pants that are loose and a belt. That doesn't work too well for me because im fat and my pants are tight lol. Stoner does make really nice holsters though. They are as good as the big name brands in my opinion....they are high quality.

I have a few compact pistols and my favorite for outside the pants is a Fobus molded. It is made for a Kathryn or a Millinium Pro. It fits well and is very secure. I use a " Gun Clip" for the others even the revolvers. They work well and are quite secure inside or outside the pants. It adds no bulk like a holster.

• 1 year later...

I only had couple of problems with Taurus. The 22 mag, It was hard to eject the spent brass. Called Taurus and they picked it up. Sent it back 3 weeks later repaired free.

Then The 689 Bottom left, Bought it used cheap, turned out to have a cracked cylinder. Called Taurus and they repaired if for free. Taurus has a lifetime warranty on all thier guns. Doesn't matter when you bought it or if you bought it used. Just sold a 24/7 G2 to Hdhtr a couple of months ago. It was a great shooting pistol also.

I have had several Taurus guns and have liked all of them. I just bought 357 wheel gun a few months back, 3 in. bbl. Shoots real good and just where you point it.

I normally carry an old colt, steel framed Commander in 45. I have been carrying this gun for over 25 years. You always hear everyone shouting about getting one with hi-capacity mags, , ,thats well and good if you are fighting an army or are a really bad shot.

I am of the belief that if you know how and where your gun hits, you are better off with 7 than missing with 13.

Just my 2 cents, , , , , , :stirthepot: