IGNORED

Morphine......

BEER30

Morphine, Not what it used to be. About 1:30 A.M. this mourning , took a field trip to the hospital. Severe pain in my left side lower abdomen. It wasn't stopped up gas in the intestines, nor appendix. Got to the hospital ER......what NO ILLEGALS !!!!!!! They sent me directly to a room and had me undress with No formal invitation. Dropped my drawers and revealed my BUTT , like usual, LOL !!

Man I was in Pain with a capital "P". So in with the IV, out with the blood samples, and then the Morphine. Got the usual bad taste and warm flash, and hours later still in pain. Shot #2 .....same affects and wide awake. Got my Birdie snapped (X-Rays) and then the good ole soft drinks for the Cat Scan. Poor Kittie :( . Up all night , 2 shots of Morphine and No pictures to show you of my little boy. No not what you are thinking , but of my new kidney stone. Now in the whom (Bladder) and just waiting the opportunity for me to turn my head away for the great escape!

While in my bed , badger by the nurse to get a Flu shot. I said why not, just add it to the newly acquired med bill, what a few more large bills?

Finally the Doc shows up to give me the spill. Blood pressure EXCELLENT ! . Kidney stone the culprit (my first one) and possible Diabetes Type II. Suger fix 211 at time they drew the first blood. Down to 192 at last check before they released me. So now awaiting the passage of the stone, M&M's for pain meds, and meds for possible Diabetes. instructions to go find a Sugar Daddy or Momma to check fer sure on the Diabetes.

With all that , I was purely disappointing to get the watered down Morphine. Where in the heck was the Demerol ? In conclusion, I'm tired, fuzzy headed now and then from fatigue, starring at some Reese's Peanut Butter cups and saying to myself NO, NO, NO.

Calling: Nurse Yamma Mama .....where are you ?

BEER30

I feel your pain!! Been ther done that, and passing it isn`t no picnic either... they gave me the demerol in a IV and chased it with a shot of Valum...whooooHoooooo...didn`t know whos Grandma I was for about 3 days.... Good luck with passing that little ^%$##rd.... and get to feeling better soon.

K

BEER30, all you had to do was call me, would have saved you the medical bills,

Went 3 weeks with the pain, because both docs wanted the damn thing passed el natural.

That was no fun at all, plus they wanted me to capture the blasted thing. Those things are nasty under a microscope, look like thousands of knife blades. :crying:

yup....feels like your passing a ball of fish hooks...... Beer, are ya feeling any better about this yet???

BEER30, all you had to do was call me, would have saved you the medical bills,

Went 3 weeks with the pain, because both docs wanted the damn thing passed el natural.

That was no fun at all, plus they wanted me to capture the blasted thing. Those things are nasty under a microscope, look like thousands of knife blades. :crying:

I've had 2 stones(attacks), and they would not pass. Had to be surgically removed. They just go up there with some little grippers called a basket and pull them out. Thank god not awake.

Up where you ask? Well they don't cut any new openings in ya. Not sure which pain is worse, the stone or the surgical roto-rooter recovery-for days!

And I still have more formed stones in kidneys just waiting to come out, one of the is 12mm, they say to big to pass into urter and nothing to worry about.

Well right now, I'm filling the bladder up with plenty Beer and H2O. Making of the self induced fire hydrant. Got the funnel with screen ready as well. Talking with a few of my buddies today with vast experiences with this stones, they do not want to be any ways near around me. They just dropped off a case of cold ones and said , Good Luck!

Great Friends...........LOL !

BEER30

Sorry to hear about your pain. I know that those stones are a real pain. I wish I could be there to ease your suffering. Maybe they gave you the watered down version of morphine. I bet if you had some Black Death that would have fixed you up.:223:

Yama Mama

Well right now, I'm filling the bladder up with plenty Beer and H2O. Making of the self induced fire hydrant. Got the funnel with screen ready as well. Talking with a few of my buddies today with vast experiences with this stones, they do not want to be any ways near around me. They just dropped off a case of cold ones and said , Good Luck!

Great Friends...........LOL !

BEER30

Is the H2O really necessary? :rotf: Get well soon!

whether to chime in here. I am not a doctor and don't give medical advice, but I guess I could tell a story about my great uncle.

Now this uncle was plauged with kidney stones for several years. He finally found an "old time" doctor who put my uncle on a diet that not only got rid of his stones, he was never bothered with them again.

On days 1-3 my uncle was directed to eat no solid food. His only intake was 3 glasses of pure apple juice four times per day. Not the apple drink stuff, had to be pure apple juice.

On day 4 replace one half of the juce with water, and start adding lite meals of soup, broth, etc.

Day 5 continue to increase water portion and add more light meals with solid food.

Day 6 return to your normal diet but heavy on the veggies and reduce red meat.

The idea here is that the Tanic? acid in the apple juice will actually melt the kidney stone and it passes harmlessly and painlessly.

My uncle repeated the diet once a year and never had a reoccurance.

I'm not saying you should try this, just saying it worked miricles for him (and others in my family).

Morphine is old school, you gotta get Dilotdid (sp), that stuff had me on Mars for about 4 days!

Hope all goes well with the passing. Riderduke will lead you a hand (or both) if you need it. :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke: He offered to do all sorts of things for me when I have surgery again.

Best wishes my friend!

Man, I was hoping to hear that Morphine did a better job than that.

I went through 4 stones in 3 years some time ago and the 2 times I went to the ER they gave me Demerol. All that did was make me drowsy so I spoke with my urologist about morphine next time. Guess I need to change that to Dilaudid. It's been 10 years so I'm hoping for no more stones.

FYI, while looking up the spelling of Dilaudid :D I came across a pain relief rating for all the prescription pain meds...

Demerol was near the bottom with a 4 (I'm laying on a gurney moaning and puking and those bastichs gave me Demerol?), Morphine got a 10 but Dilaudid was the highest scored with an 11!

I never take any meds unless I'm in mortal agony and when I do they never seem to do much for me. Hopefully, this stuff will if I ever need it.

Oh, and once your stone gets in the bladder your home free. (At least in my case.) I never felt a thing after that... just heard a *klink* when it hit the porcelain!

Hey Gene - Hope you are feeling better and most important, you never need to make another trip to the ER for more morphine. I remember, in my case, they refused to deal with me for almost an hour at the ER triage even though I threatened to lay down in the middle of the ER waiting room floor because of pain. Then, there was a miscommunication with a good nurse who helped treat me with my morphine. I thought she was talking about my pain level and she though I was talking about my p-nis when I signaled to her that it was "very little". We had a good laugh despite my pain.

Ouch!!!!!!!! This brings back some painful memories.:crying: They had to go in and get mine also, no fun at all...:thumbdown: Never have I had pain like that. After all is back to normal water water and more water is your best friend. I drink around 60 ounces a day now and have been stone free for 3 years.:clap2: My enemy was Pepsi, drank way to much and it caused my stones. Good luck