IGNORED

Venture Aspencade?

Sideoftheroad

Being in customer service, I was chatting it up w/ a guy that called in. He asked about hobbies so I mentioned motorcycles. He said he has been riding for 40 yrs, he asked what I rode and he started saying how the '95 Venture Aspencade has stator problems from what he heard. After questioning him on it he said, oh I mean '85 Venture Aspencade. Tried to correct him on it, but to no avail didn't work so I just let him think what he wanted to.

Didn't get a chance to ask what he rode.

After working on bikes and airplanes, I come to the realizatiion that free advice is what its worth. Smile and talk with the people and both you and they will leave with a good feeling! (grin and bear it!):179:

That is the same as a young guy and his girl, I'm guess late teens, were walking down the ally while I was working on my 88 in the back yard, the guy says to me "That sure is a nice looking gold wing".

It caught me off guard and I looked up at them and instantly knew that he was trying to impress his girl with his knowledge of bikes, So I just smiled and said "thanks".

I could have sent him down in flames:225: but in a rare (for me) moment I was nice......Shhhhh don't tell anyone!!!

I too work in sort of a customer service, but specialize in hazardous materials and/or dangerous goods. I had to tell a gent yesterday that his shipment wasn't acceptable to Yantian, China because their port authority prohibits discharge of flammable liquids with a flash point below +23C. He was arguing that his stuff had a flash point of -25C. Oh well.

I too work in sort of a customer service, but specialize in hazardous materials and/or dangerous goods. I had to tell a gent yesterday that his shipment wasn't acceptable to Yantian, China because their port authority prohibits discharge of flammable liquids with a flash point below +23C. He was arguing that his stuff had a flash point of -25C. Oh well.

Now THATS funny!

I always look at the local Craigslist ads when I'm traveling. Last week, I was in Chillicothe and saw an ad for a 1987 Kawasaki Venture 1300. At least there was a picture and it was clearly a Voyager. :)

You know, it's not necessary to travel or go city by city on the Craigslist site. You can search the entire country with a single google search. Just type in your search term (i.e. Yamaha Venture, etc.) put a space behind the last term and then add site: craigslist.org.

Yamaha Venture site: craiglist.org

I use that all the time to get an idea of what something sells for if I can't find anything locally. Works great!

:7_6_2[1]:

Yes, I know how to do that but use another site to do it. I'm usually not looking for anything in particular though and not wanting to drive all over the place. I just check the ads when there and if I happen to see something that I'm really interested in, it's local to where I am.