IGNORED

Texas to Illinois

Aimhigh

Planning on riding the bike to Illinois next week (14 - 22). Hoping the weather will hold...being a Texan, not really use to cold weather (yeah, I know...pantywaste). Going through Oklahoma and Missiouri on the way up...Arkansas on the way back. If you see a blue and black...flash your lights!

:dancefool:

Have a good trip Jim and stay watchful, it's hunting season up there and there are deer all around. Pack some warm clothes....you'll need them

:whistling:

Thanks much, Brad. I have been watching the temperatures...gets close to the 70's recently...pretty cool in the am, though. Guess I will freeze my butt in the morning and, hopefully, have a nice afternoon ride.

Planning on riding the bike to Illinois next week (14 - 22). Hoping the weather will hold...being a Texan, not really use to cold weather (yeah, I know...pantywaste). Going through Oklahoma and Missiouri on the way up...Arkansas on the way back. If you see a blue and black...flash your lights!

:dancefool:

Having just made a long trip up that a way...

I recommend a full face helmet, actually a modular is best for me, to break the wind and help with the cold and rain if it happens. Second is warm, water proof gloves for the same reasons. Its always my fingers and hands that get cold. :2cents:

Boring everywhere. I grew up there, and it really sux. Wife says it's the most boring and flat state there is.

Actually............ I vote Nebraske as the "most boring and FLAT state". Illinois is actually kinda pretty if you go far enough north.....:stirthepot:

Having just made a long trip up that a way...

I recommend a full face helmet, actually a modular is best for me, to break the wind and help with the cold and rain if it happens. Second is warm, water proof gloves for the same reasons. Its always my fingers and hands that get cold. :2cents:

Wow I just rode 775 the last 2 days around Illinois and I started the day with a sweatshirt,leather Jacket and chaps and by afternoon was in my sleeveless shirt.

We Texans know quite a bit about the land of Lincoln.

I grew up in Jasper County. Newton High Grad, Yale Grad also but that was Yale Elem. (still counts for a Yale Graduate though)

When I was a kid, we used to farm just a mile from Moonshine. We would go there on occasion for lunch and it has not changed except for the stream of people during lunch time.

Jim, on the ride back, ride Rt 1 down toward Nashville then you can ease toward Arkansas.

I rode all the areas there and they are correct, deer are out from Texas to Illinois and all points between.

Have a great ride.

We Texans know quite a bit about the land of Lincoln.

I grew up in Jasper County. Newton High Grad, Yale Grad also but that was Yale Elem. (still counts for a Yale Graduate though)

When I was a kid, we used to farm just a mile from Moonshine. We would go there on occasion for lunch and it has not changed except for the stream of people during lunch time.

Jim, on the ride back, ride Rt 1 down toward Nashville then you can ease toward Arkansas.

I rode all the areas there and they are correct, deer are out from Texas to Illinois and all points between.

Have a great ride.

Nashville is quite a bit out of the way...Memphis is more in line with the route back...West Memphis that is. I will surely watch out for the deer...don't plan on any night traveling, but I know they like to move morning and evening.

Wow I just rode 775 the last 2 days around Illinois and I started the day with a sweatshirt,leather Jacket and chaps and by afternoon was in my sleeveless shirt.

That's what I was thinking I'd be looking to occur. Thanks for the info...yep, I'm an Illinois boy originally...but you could not pay me to move back there. If I weren't visiting my folks or traveling thru to somewhere else, I see no reason to go there anymore.