After a 800 round trip, by the end, I had terrible pain in my sitz bones. Before the trip, I had experienced the same pain while riding on 100 mile trips. As an effort, I have modified the stock pillow top seat by removing the soft foam and carving the harder foam to better fit. Also I used an airhawk pad on the trip. But both of these "solutions" have not helped.

Any other suggestions, would greatly be appreciated.

I cut out the foam right where my bones tend to rest and just left holes there. I'm ok now when solo, but with Marca on the back I still have problems. I'm still alive so I'll keep thinking on it.

Shaving the side a little has also crossed my mind as that is where sometimes I think the ache starts.

I have determined it's a lack of blood flow that causes this all to take place, so I also thought about raising my blood pressure to see if that would help. So I eat more ice cream and such now, which means I have to stop more often,,,, and so far so good. No higher blood pressure yet, but then I don't care for that really anyways, but the ice cream sure does seem to help.!

Right now I have the Butler Mod with a set of beads (bead rider's), pretty good combination....to me they work alot better than the air-hawk on a soft seat. You don't get that bunched up feeling under you plus the beads seem to make a soft seat feel alittle firmer where your not sinking into it or bottoming out. On a hard (firm) seat I felt like the bead rider's aren't comfortable.

Rich,

If you have not modified the foundation foam too much, I can most likely address your issues. The pillowtop is one of the better seats Yamaha has built but it has a few issues. To address sit bone issues, I have come up with a "Butt Bone Shock Absorber" which is a small oval layer of 1" medium density standard foam that will cover just the area of the sit bones. Then I replace the layer of pillow foam (soft foam) with a layer of 1 1/2" 4 lb memory foam. Between the two foams it will pretty much cover your sit bone pain.

If you have not seen my classified ad, it provides pretty much everything that I do to rework a seat:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1023

Like I have said before, I'm pretty much an exclusive to VentureRider members and have reworked over 200 seats in the last 2 years. My solution doesn't work for everyone, but I do have alot of satisfied customers on this forum.

Let me know if I can help,

Rick

After a 800 round trip, by the end, I had terrible pain in my sitz bones. Before the trip, I had experienced the same pain while riding on 100 mile trips. As an effort, I have modified the stock pillow top seat by removing the soft foam and carving the harder foam to better fit. Also I used an airhawk pad on the trip. But both of these "solutions" have not helped.

Any other suggestions, would greatly be appreciated.

Rick did my seat late last year or early this year and it is a lot better! My only thing is that I am 6'2" and long legs and would like a higher seat. I had her seat done also andshe loves it other Than the vent back seat is so much higher than the drivers and her head gets bounced around a lot with the air so the seat needs to be lower.