IGNORED

I saw my trailer

clay18

well this morning i saw my trailer at bush tech. Just to let you know its a nice one but,they wouldn't release the trailer. they said my hitch was not to there likening (safety) i asked them if we could spend a few mins to reinforce it. i told them it dont have to look pretty just to do the job. so i ended up with no trailer. then on the way home my clutch went i made it home almost, with just 70 miles to home plate. so one of my buds rode on home and then came back to get me with a trailer. FUN FUN FUN:draming:

Clay,

What didn't they like about your hitch? If I'm not mistaken didn't you buy a Markland for your 1200 off ebay?? As long as it was made for the bike, and it was hooked up correctly, I dont see how they could protest.

If you have some pics of the hitch on your bike post them up and we can look to see if there are any missing parts that your unaware of.

I have to say that initially hearing this is a bit discouraging. Folks like the Bushtech, but I know that I personally wont be recommending them if there is some sort of holier than thou attitude on their behalf.

Brad,

I think it's a liability thing. I wasn't aware of it until recently but the rental places won't rent you a trailer if you are driving certain types of vehicles.

Some of the vehicles seem pretty substantial to me but of course it is a liability thing.

Jerry

Brad,

I think it's a liability thing. I wasn't aware of it until recently but the rental places won't rent you a trailer if you are driving certain types of vehicles.

Some of the vehicles seem pretty substantial to me but of course it is a liability thing.

Jerry

I agree with you Jerry, thats what I thought of also. I guess my question with them is, if he has the specific Markland hitch for that bike, and it is installed on the bike properly, there shouldn't be an issue :confused24:

Obviously I haven't seen the hitch on Clays bike, perhaps there is some parts missing off of it. One way or the other I would like to help him get it figured out. That was 1 hell of a prize to give away :happy34:

Clay - If you're comfortable with your hitch, pick up the Bushtec with a truck or trailer, driver down the road and do what you want.

You could spend a lot of $$ and time modifying your bike based on someone elses opinion.

Good Luck and post pics!!

Was thinking the same thing. Once it leaves the lot safely they are not responsible anymore.

They should not question you if your there in a truck.

Brad

Sorry I couldn't make that ride with you Thursday. I have a hitch but it is homemade and I don't know if they would have liked it any better, even though I have towed two different trailers, maybe 7 or 8 thousand miles with it!

Between us (3600+ of us!) we'll figure out a way to get your trailer safely to you and behind you!