IGNORED

Cruise Control Issue

Hello,

I have a couple of things working against me here. I am new to the Venture so I am not sure how things should work based on other rides, and I bought my bike used so I do not know what mods/problems the PO may have done/had.

I have searched and read all the items on this site I can but have not seen the same issue I have.

Okay,

When I press the set button, the set light comes on but no cruise engages. If I press and hold the res/acc button for a few seconds, it does engage and seems to work, although with a few mph swing up and down. Not really sure how consistent it should be so not sure if this part is right.

Also, once engaged, pressing the res/acc will not increase speed, but press and hold will.

Ant ideas where I should start checking?

Scott,

Over time the cables tend to loosen up a bit on the RSV. I have always had to set it and then hit accelerate to get it where I want it to be. You could try and tighten up the cables and that should help out quite a bit. Unless it totally wont hold speed at all the vac lines should be alright.

Try this the next chance you get... When you are at the speed you want hit "set" then immediately "accell" once (or is it twice? It's a habit now so I don't think about it). I have found if I only hit "set" then speed drops off like it isn't set. But once I set it the way I do it's rock solid.

Try this the next chance you get... When you are at the speed you want hit "set" then immediately "accell" once (or is it twice? It's a habit now so I don't think about it). I have found if I only hit "set" then speed drops off like it isn't set. But once I set it the way I do it's rock solid.

+1, I have to hit set and then tap res/acc twice to hold the current speed.

Mine engages, and functions ( most of the time ), but dis-engages for no reason some time right away, and others it takes a few miles. Then again it seems to work sort of fine for lots of miles, or until it gets hilly..... Though of it maybe being a weak vacuum pump of maybe a leaky line,,,:confused24: but it does work????? I also thought of the throttle cables being a little tight ( return is a little slow ) but haven't had time to check that out completely yet.....

Any Guru's have any thoughts. Wished there was some one in these parts of God's Country that knew a double boxcar load about this machine.

If the speed of the motorcycle varies by more than 5mph up or down, the cruise automatically shuts off.

Maybe with the extra weight of trike, it's slowing the bike down more than normal.

Could be,,:confused24::think: It did the same thing before I Triked it, but I didn't really ride it all that much as a 2 wheeler, just short 25 or so trips to keep the engine exercised.

Mine engages, and functions ( most of the time ), but dis-engages for no reason some time right away, and others it takes a few miles. Then again it seems to work sort of fine for lots of miles, or until it gets hilly..... Though of it maybe being a weak vacuum pump of maybe a leaky line,,,:confused24: but it does work????? I also thought of the throttle cables being a little tight ( return is a little slow ) but haven't had time to check that out completely yet.....

Any Guru's have any thoughts. Wished there was some one in these parts of God's Country that knew a double boxcar load about this machine.

It is because you went to a Yellow Bee Trike :rotf::rotf::rotf:

You should not have cruise control on a Trike anyway, you need something to keep you awake. :rotf::rotf:

well I'll be...

I had to test this out today, the day before yet another road trip down into Yankee Land..

And as advertise... pick your speed, engage cruise control and double tap the RES /ACC button and presto: Instant ON cruise control without any lag back or anything..

SO WEIRD!! and so cool!

Thanks for posting that nice tidbit folks!!

ROAD TRIP!! See ya next week

I rode the RSTD for four years when cruise control is set it usually drops a couple of miles an hour and then goes to where I set it. RSV does the same thing.

I will also try the set /res cycle and see if that works better. thanks for the Info. Learn something new every day:smile5: