IGNORED

Help stop the bum from getting sore

Hey all, got CCOerika liking the 2up thing. She now schedules rides and tells me in the morning unexpectedly. No cryin' here, I am all for it.

Well, since this is happening more often and we are going a bit further, the bums are getting a little sore. An hour an half and it is time to get off and rub em off.

I need some help on what I can do and who y'all recommend to do it. I had my seat and backrest re-covered a while back and like it and do not want to change that. The padding under it is original and has had more than it's share of weather on/in it. I had to have the covers redone because they melted and parts were staying on the pants.

Help keep the bums lasting longer!

If you intend to do some serious long distance riding, invest in a couple of Airhawks (relatively expensive - $170 for driver saddle pad, $150 for pillion). If you are looking for 3 or 4 hours, go to Ikea and get a sheepskin for $20 and cut it to size.

You are a lucky man finding a woman to schedule your rides.

RR

I had that same problem, so I spoke to what I call the VR.Org riding Icon

He told me to do what he did..

He told me to go to the dollar store and purchase a small bath rug..the type that you put by the tub when stepping out of the shower..

Fold it in half, and then poke a couple holes in it to hook some small tie downs to it, and strap it to my seat.

Well I did, and it cost me 2 bucks...color black..

Next day, I rode from Ft Collins, Co to Elk City Okla..12.5 hours..

had no butt sweating or butt pain.

Next day I rode from Elk City, Ok., to Huntsville, Al., ...14.5 hrs..

again no butt sweating or pain..

Only the riding icon would know the right answer to that question!

THANKS FOR THE "CHEAP" IDEA......... "LA"

Oh, Iv'e had many people ask me where I got the custom made black sheepskin for my seat...

Got to IKEA and buy a full sheep skin for $20.....use a leather punch to punch two holes on each side (one to the rear and one to the front) and run a small bungie cord behind the back seat and under the front seat to hold it down. The full skin covers both seats and makes a big difference.

:cop:

When I picked up my first '83 it came with a custom leather saddle made by a local motorcycle leather shop. It's the one shown in my photo gallery. It had pretty soft padding, and wasn't really sure about it, but it did hold it's shape, and even after crushing the candal down on a long ride it bounced back. The shape was the same as stock. I've put several 600 +/- days on it, and the one thing I've never ever thought about was any discomfort in the rear. I can't speak for the passenger because the only time I ride two up is with the kids locally. They never complain.... :) I also picked up a Corbin saddle off Ebay and haven't even taken it out of the box yet.

He told me to go to the dollar store and purchase a small bath rug..the type that you put by the tub when stepping out of the shower..

Heck with purchasing one... I'll just use the one that's already in the bathroom... Save a whole 2 bucks !!! and it's already BLACK !

:sign20: :sign just kidding:

• 2 weeks later...

I got this Sheepskin covered GelPad with velcro seat attach & cut-out for spine..."Ortho-Deluxe" for the wife. She had a sheepskin & loved it.

We went for an overnight visit in the cage once, put the dogs in the heated garage...forgot to put the 'hide' out of their reach...fur on the floor with no skin.

She had been mentioning spine problems, so I found this & she's always saying "Keep going" whenever we see a place to stop.

Also, when she hears a scooter or 2 at zero-dark-thirty on a Saturday morning [while I'm thinking about sleepin'-in] she jabs me in the ribs & says "Get dressed & get the bike out".

Cost about $130. & fast shipping.

I don't use anything myself, but might try a sheepskin in the spring.

http://http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm