IGNORED

RSMV-Tri-Wing Trikes

Dragon Rider

CAUTION:

Maybe it's just me.....But...while I was trying to find the solution to the vibration problem mentioned before (ie rear tire mounted backwards on the front of the trike) I found a serious problem. This was the second time...

Bolts that secure the swingarm driveshaft housing to the rear trike assembly were missing!!!

Well two of the four bolts were gone....With driveshaft assy loose vibration is a problem. I've had this problem before and the bolts were secured using nylock nuts and LocTite..This time I've installed Grade 8 bolts, Grade 8 nylock nuts and lock washers.

This will now be pretty much a preflight check item...2- 9/16" wrenchs in the helmet so I don't forget....

Local road test was good, but Interstate will be used soonest to check high speed vibs..

CAUTION:

Maybe it's just me.....But...while I was trying to find the solution to the vibration problem mentioned before (ie rear tire mounted backwards on the front of the trike) I found a serious problem. This was the second time...

Bolts that secure the swingarm driveshaft housing to the rear trike assembly were missing!!!

Well two of the four bolts were gone....With driveshaft assy loose vibration is a problem. I've had this problem before and the bolts were secured using nylock nuts and LocTite..This time I've installed Grade 8 bolts, Grade 8 nylock nuts and lock washers.

This will now be pretty much a preflight check item...2- 9/16" wrenchs in the helmet so I don't forget....

Local road test was good, but Interstate will be used soonest to check high speed vibs..

A rear tire mounted in Reverse or backward on a Trike is the Excepted, and recommended way in most cases, and nothing to worry about. It is done for water shed, and breaking ability ( as designed into the tire if it is a Rear tire ) my Conti is an either or and Arrows pointing to each other with the front or rear under the appropriate arrow.

Now the bolts being loose, and missing on the frame,,,, That is a different situation. I would jack it up, and take off the rear tires, and go over every nut and bolt that you can see to make sure that they are all tight. Where there are one or more missing or loose, there is more that you haven't found YET!!!