IGNORED

Looking for mini shock absorbers

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

On the show "How it is made" the other night they were showing the manufacturing of a large marine compass. I missed the first part of the show but saw how they mounted the device within a base on four mini shock absorbers. They appeared to be about the diameter of a pencil and probably about 1" long, hard to judge the scale.

I am working on something and could use 3-4 of them. Anyone having anything like that or know where I might find something like that. I'm guessing someone in the marine repair/sales. I'm inland and am not into boating so I have no contacts in that field.

Would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks

Guest ReinyRooster

Basically I'm looking for something to mount between the GPS and a flat surface on the bike, so some sort of vibration reduction device. Open to ideas.

Basically I'm looking for something to mount between the GPS and a flat surface on the bike, so some sort of vibration reduction device. Open to ideas.

Let's see, a vibration reducing device... Would that not just be a 2nd Gen?

Good luck in your search. I would like to see pics of this.

RR

Just thinking here, but would something like this work for your needs..

You can use a regular ink pen (top end)... by cutting the plastic top end of the ink pen down and leaving the "tip" of the ink pen... (the piece you push down on) as the shock.

You can cut the inner spring down and then stretch it to where you adjust the tension either stronger or weaker..

If the object can not be supported by one shock, then cut down two or three ink pens as required to support the weight of the object..

Hey, its 5:30am and Im not awake yet...

If you bought the Garmin Zumo Motorcycle version you would not have to worry about a vibration. Unless your bike rides like it has square wheels :stirthepot:. :sign20:

I thought youu had the front forks fixed in Colorado.

Brad

Guest ReinyRooster

Brad, I chose to pay half the price of the Zumo for a better unit and spend a few bucks to mount it, still coming out cheaper!!!!!:rotf::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

Guest ReinyRooster

Love 'em both Brad!

KiteSquid, found an interesting website on sorbothane.....sounds like it might do the trick. Keep ya posted.