IGNORED

Resignation

Guest Tinman

I decided last week to resign from the US Military Vets MC, and did just that this morning. It was the hardest thing I've done in the last 10 years. I have been with the club for 7 years, and for 4 of those years as an officer. I had the comfort of knowing that there are those in the world who enjoy motorcycles, and the friendship that goes with spending time with others with similar goals and interests. I think I've done the right thing for me, and will be able to devote my riding time to just me and my beloved wife Looie.:301:

Hey Ralph,

As a person that has spent most of his life "following the road less traveled", I know that you didn't make this decision lightly. I have the utmost respect for your decision to spend more "quality time" with your wife and family. It sorta' goes against the core value of a Harley Rider not to be the "strutting cock of the walk" and show off your riding skills and your bike to ALL that will look. I wish I would have learned that valuable lesson earlier in my own life as it costs me my first marriage. Then again, I would have never met Jean and this "band of brothers" we call VentureRiders. You will always have a home here, my friend, and always remember, you are never alone when you are a VentureRider.

I salute you for making a tough decision for the betterment of your family. :thumbsup2:

Earl

Hmmmm, sounds like you all figured out what it means to be a "true" Venture rider! Don't need an excuse, a map(well, some of us!), a destination or a group of riders to enjoy ourselves, our spouses and our bikes! Just an open road, sunshine is preferable, a few twisties and a nice stop or two along the way. Recipe for a good day of riding!

Of course, we'll never turn down an invite for a good ride with friends, but it's never been a pre-requisite for getting the bike out of the garage!

Congrats on your hard decision, now go out and enjoy!

My wife and I walked away from our Star chapter after 4.5 years. we found, we like to travel alone. and on no one elses schedules. 3 years of being an officer.

But the nice thing was not wearing anyone colors anymore. we like being outsiders

Saw a guy yesterday at a bike ride with a colors on his back..."Lone Wolf, No Club" I know exactly where he was coming from ;)

We are the most unorganized bunch around. No leaders, no cliques,no need to prove anything, no secret meetings, well except those guys with the pink g strings. I can understand why they would keep it secret. You ever see a 50 something guy in pink undies ???:doh::bang head::rotf: But we have the most fun. Hope it stays that way.:whistling:

Edited by BuddyRich

One of the things I had to give up was my vest with my Eagle patch on the back. They will return the vest, minus the colors, or course, but I really like the idea of a large wolf howling at the moon, with a top rocker reading Lone Wolf. I may do something like that.

Thanks for everyone's comments and support. I will get by!

:grandpa:

I was never into the big group thing myself. I tried the local Southern Cruisers and did some group rides but I felt so restricted by the rules. Work hours also interferred with most of their group rides. After a few years they dropped my membership because of my lack of participation. So, I guess im just a big lone wolf at heart too.....:smile5:

To each his own. Some folks need the company of others when they ride, I do not. I like to find roads out in the country, not much traffic and very few people. If someone ask me to join them I might do it for a while but I generally will leave the pack after a bit. I don't even like to ride 2 up, I will do it occasionally, but not often. I don't even care to eat out. If I do I go after normal hours or I will just stop at a small store and get me some stuff to make a baloney samich.