IGNORED

Skydoc, this ones for you!

barend

Brenda's son went to helen Ga, and like it there, so we had to go too. first let me say that Labor Day weekend is not the time to do this as we ran in to bumper to bumper stop and go traffic for the last couple of miles and wall to wall people. Anywhichway, it was a great day with great temperatures and beautiful roads to ride on. We left around 1130 and got back at about 6 with a very tasty bratwurst sandwich at "pies and pints" for lunch. Even saw another MkI (brown) on the other side of the street a bit further down along with about 8-10 other bikes at another establishment (proly drinking lemonade:rotfl:).

Earl, you said to think of you if we went out riding and I did just that quite a few times, wish you could have been there in person. Get well soon and maybe we'll get to ride together for real one day. God bless!

this is the route we wound up taking, 185 miles and 5 hrs. plus stops.

http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.com/rideplanner/ridePlanner.jsp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US

Hey Barend,

Believe me when I tell you that I was with you in Spirit today my friend! I went to the garage again today, and looked at a brand new pair of Dunlop E3's on my 87'VR with 4 miles on them and said out loud, "Surely, someone from VR.ORG is getting in some good riding in today"! I am glad to see that it was you Barend. Keep up the good work! I got cleared to drive the car on Wednesday, Started PT on Monday, and hope to put a few miles on those brand new tires before the snow flies this year! ANYONE that needs an excuse to take a ride can tell their wife that "you need to go riding for Earl"! Please know that I will be there in Spirit with you as well.:thumbsup2:

Thanks Barend,

Earl

Just missed you Barend. DragonSlayer and I were about 3 miles from Helen Saturday afternoon. But we know what the traffic is like, so didn't go thru the town, went around it on some side roads. Try the wiener schnitzel at Hans next time.

Also saw a white RSV with 2-up heading south on GA 60 just south of Suches about 3pm.