IGNORED

Bouncy Rear End

philmartin

After 55,000 miles I finally blew my rear shock. Question, is it safe to ride 2-up? We have a ride planned Labor Day weekend, I'm 180 lbs and my wife is 155 lbs.

When mine went out this spring on a trip to Fl, I was more worried about the bump in the middle of a curve, bike gets a wobble to it with the "Rear End Bouncing".

Just take it easy, as others have said, you'll be fine.

Just My :2cents: , Scooter Bob

When I saw "bouncy rear end" as the subject I had high hopes for this thread!

Alas, it's bike related.

I saw a bouncing rear this morning but my chances of riding....... Oh Nevermind!!:duck:

methinks he knew the title would warrant some very immediate attention...

(sure caught mine):rotf:

When mine went out this spring on a trip to Fl, I was more worried about the bump in the middle of a curve, bike gets a wobble to it with the "Rear End Bouncing".

Just take it easy, as others have said, you'll be fine.

Just My :2cents: , Scooter Bob

That's the biggest problem. The bike tends to become un-collected if you make the slightest correction in cornering, or hit a bump in the corner. Other than that, it's best to avoid bumps in the road as best you can. Won't really hurt anything but your spine.

I rode on a bad shock for 2+ months before I finally replaced it. It seems to me that everyone's 'rear shock going bad' situation seems to vary in the severity of how much it affects the bike.

I found with mine if I was driving along straight and level it seemed okay. If I hit bumps at any lean what-so-ever while leaned over, I did notice it. Also, at times, it made handling somewhat more difficult, but use your own judgment and most importantly BE CAREFUL.