IGNORED

Front Axle Problem

SilverSoul

I finally finished repairing the plastic on my bike and so it was time to paint.

Since I wanted to change the color of the bike I pulled the front tire to get the front fender off. I shot a layer of clear coat to smooth it out before painting a base coat and then it was time to go to work for the night so I left the tire off. After painting everything today I tried to put the front tire back on and... WTF?! The front axle doesn't fit in the the forks any more.

It's like the axle bolts are too tight but they are so loose they might as well not be there at all.

Any suggestions would be welcome. After all it's a shame to finally get done fixing the bike and be stuck with the front tire off.

Hey Sam,

There is a pinch bolt that keeps the Axle bolt from coming loose while the bike is riding down the road, by chance did you forget to loosen and remove the pinch bolt and this is why you can't get the axle back in? :confused24:

Just a thought,

Earl

Pinch bolts were very lose. What a difference a day (an cooler temps) make. Got a small screwdriver to go in the gap, then a little bigger screwdriver and the axle bolt slid right in. A little bit a work and the tire was back on. The bike looks great! Sam should be adding pictures after classes today.

Dave