IGNORED

New Chrome and White Walls

ajlyoung1221

So I went down to the local dealer the other day, and they had a bunch of stuff on clearance for 75% off. So I grabbed everything that they had that would fit my bike. They had the passing light mounts, but not the lamps. They did however have a lightbar with some lamps mounted to it, so I bought that too (not the right lamps for this bike, but I made them work). I also grabbed some other stuff and sold it on ebay, and it paid for my whitewall tires and saddlebag rails. Well anyway, after all the great posts on this site, I was able to tear off my own wheels, grease the splines and got it all back together. I did, however, mess up, and didn't get the driveshaft back in the u-joint properly. I had to rip it back apart in 100 degree weather, and get it fixed. I was able to get it all put back and cleaned up.

For under $200, I was able to pick up...

All 3 fender tips, 2 leather bags (one for the backrest, and one for the front) I wanted to mount the one on the front under the headlamp, but I am still trying to figure out how to mount it. I also got the front fender rail and passing lamp mount and assembly.

Anyway, today I got it all finished up, and I like the way it came out.

I am Godlover's son, and he got me into this site, then sold his RSV? Go figure!! Well, what I can say is, Thank You for the wealth of knowledge y'all share.

:smile5:

I have the WWW 404's on mine. I have no complaints whatsoever. I have a little over 4300 on mine. The front looks like it is starting to cup a little but you cant feel it when you ride. All in all Id buy them again. Heres mine

Hey Bernie,

I would have a good close look at the steering head bearings on your scoot, If I were you.

Sorry, not trying to steal this thread.

Earl

i will take a look, im guessing you are refering to the tire wear. Thanks for the tip