IGNORED

My Nephews Infantry school Graduation

6pak

This is my nephew, Robert. He's had a tough go at life early on. Homelife wasn't always the best, but I have always tried to be there for him. He left Knoxville for Basic training in early April. His first stop was in Arkansas for his GED, then on to Ft Benning, Ga for Basic and Infantry school. There was no way that I was gonna miss this. I am so proud of him. He's the 3rd generation in our family to go Army. Now he waits to be deployed with the Tennessee National Guard. HOOAH!:sign outstanding:

Yeah, Randy, The Army sent him to school in Arkansas for his GED. He passed it on the first time around. From what he told me if you don't pass they keep you there til you do. It is now required before you begin basic training. He also told me that they did more PT at the school than in Basic.

Congrats! My youngest is a combat medic in the Army National Guard here in Michigan. He deploys to Kuwait and Iraq November 3rd. Very proud moment at his graduation from Fort Sill in Oklahoma. My daughters husband did two tours in Irag with the Army.Tell you nephew I said "Thank you" for his service.

Tell him Congrats !! for me as well as a old grunt myself and 17 years of service and 5 tours under my belt its now a young mans game. and im proud to see the youth of today stepping up for what alot of us have fought to preserve.

P.S. tell him to always remember his 5TH general order hehe every grunt knows this ......for those of you who dont i will enlighten you ..." I will walk my post from flank to flank and take no S*&t no matter what the rank. "

Ron:325:

Congrqtulations to both of you, and also tell him this vet says thank you very much. My wife has a nephew in the army. I was really worried for him when he joined because he was quiet and pretty meek. He has completed three tours in Iraq, special training at Ft Hood Tx. and is now a recruiter in Indiana. Last time I talked to him I asked him how he liked Recruiter duty. He said he hated it. Said he just doesn't understand the high school and college kids today. He said he is ready to go back in combat. But he really wants to be a combat instructor. He's been in almost 6 years and is an E6. I am so proud of him.

By the way, good on the Army for helping your nephew get his GED. The Air Force will NOT take anyone with a GED. Have to be a high school grad !!

I would like to see them bring back the draft !!!!!