IGNORED

How Heavy can she be?

craigatcsi

You don't play fair ..... asking a loaded question like that..:whistling:.

I would not go over 500lbs total weight...(and make it a short ride).. :biker:

All joking aside.. your RSV will be very top heavy, so be careful..

I have a friend that wants me to take her for a ride on my Venture. She is a big girl.

With me already weighing 200, how big can she be and not overload the bike?

crank the pressure up in the rear shock, tell her to stay still while turning, try to minimize any u-turns, you should be fine.

Myself and my girlfriend are both big and she is 5'10. It does make a difference on handling when she rides with me. Mainly noticible in slow speed turns and uturns. Check tire pressure and add to rear shock. I normally run my rear shock at 25 PSI one up but increase it to 40 with 2 up.

Now come on peaple. Youve never seen this woman and already throughing the fat jokes. now Ill admit that a few were a little funny but lets hope she doesnt see them and know its about her. I know its all fun and games but being fat all my life the jokes can be extremely hurtfull. So lets bare this in mind please. Now as for riding 2 up me and the wife ride together and we are pushing 450 -500 lbs togther. Had to ASK HER PERMISSION TO SAY IT.We do this with no probs on my 91 VR.

Good luck as if shes a friend it wouldnt be for long if you say shes too fat. Please if that is the case then be a little more diplomatic.

david

Guest Boomer.1

So if i read this correctly, about 25 to 30 lbs for a total passenger weight of 400lbs should be ok, and is the compressor good to use for this or is a bicycle pump better...

R.

I was going to throw in my own version of jokes, but I'll keep it to myself for now. :backinmyday:

As far as a heavier passenger is concerned, with my experience, I find no trouble controlling the bike at reduced speed maneuvers. The bike appears to be a lot stable when coming to a stop with a passenger. But as mentioned before, be aware of the extra weight behind you and remind your passenger not to make any unnecessary moves and only get on and off the bike per your instructions. My past experience....I am 173 lbs. at 5'5"....my passenger is 210 lbs. and a lot larger than me in form, fit, and function. :Laugh:

Had a similar experience myself.

I'm 6' and 200 lbs at the time. Passenger friend was a "larger" gal... only 5'4" tall, but fairly close to rounder in stature... guessing 210-240lbs.

As others have stated, the bike will be ok, but wouldn't go cross country with her.

Slow speeds are tougher, as stated by others, you will be top heavy.

But here's my Real point... one thing that took me by surprise was when she went to get on ! All that weight on 1 side floorboard/peg until she shimmied onto the rear seat... lets just say... make sure your feet are well planted for her on/offs.

Have fun.

Bob

Had a similar experience myself.

I'm 6' and 200 lbs at the time. Passenger friend was a "larger" gal... only 5'4" tall, but fairly close to rounder in stature... guessing 210-240lbs.

As others have stated, the bike will be ok, but wouldn't go cross country with her.

Slow speeds are tougher, as stated by others, you will be top heavy.

But here's my Real point... one thing that took me by surprise was when she went to get on ! All that weight on 1 side floorboard/peg until she shimmied onto the rear seat... lets just say... make sure your feet are well planted for her on/offs.

Have fun.

Bob

That was what I was thinking concerning the getting on and off of a larger person can be the concern in my mind. I feel once you get rolling it will be less of problem concerning the weight issue. Good luck.:Venture: