IGNORED

If at first you don't succeed.....

I've been too busy wrestling with the leak in the '91 to do anything else, but now that it's down to a Harley Drip it's on to other issues. Mainly the CLASS controller. What a saga.

The controller was giving E1 and E4 errors, so I tore into it and did some PCB soldering. Now I'm not the greatest solderer in the world, but I'm not all that bad either. After working over all the brown rings I hooked the controller back up and .... nothing. I could get the pump to give a couple of beats and then quit by plugging and unpluging the coupler. So I went ahead and piggybacked another compressor and it did the same thing. This told me it wasn't the pump, but the controller. So I drug out another controller and plugged it in. E4 error. So soldered it's PC. Plugged it back in. E4 error. Grrrr!!!!!! OK, one more time. I soldered everything I could see with a magnifying glass. Ate dinner. Went back out. Plugged it in and the CLASS ran like a champ. :sign woo hoo: I would have taken the bike out for a ride this morning but due to forseen circumstnces it's going to be Monday. Gonna be strange sitting on a 1stGen again.

So the lesson is... If at first you don't succeed...try..try...again.... :) :thumbsup2:

Hey Jack,

I had the same thing happen to me when I took my CLASS unit out of my 87'VR. I soldered that puppy two or three times to get it to work right. My hat's off to you my friend, for hangin' in there and getting that CLASS unit workin' again!:clap2:

Earl

Edited by skydoc_17
CRAYON BROKE!

Great, Im looking at this very same job in the very near future.

It worked once yeaterday, and once on friday, but it won't work today.

Glad to see that I don't need to get it in one shot, because I probably won't.