IGNORED

We rode the "Million Dollar Highway" yesterday

Midrsv

Incredible is all I can say. We rode 550 from Durango to Montrose and passed through Silverton and Ouray with a side trip to Telluride. For me this ride ranks right up there with the "Going to the Sun" road in Glacier, maybe better. The elevation rose to a little over 11,000 feet.

Everyone needs to go over this road at least once. I've placed some of the day's photos on my web site and they can be seen at www.traynorphoto.com/day7

Dennis

That definitely is a FANTASTIC ride..This is one reason I had suggested Durango or Gunnison as a Rally location..Not only riding but if you rent Jeeps and go to the top of the mountains on the jeep roads it is an expeience you will never forget!

We went through there in May. In the car. :crying: There was still much snow on the ground and it got to about 32 degrees and snowing at one point. The whole time I was thinking, "Man, I need to get back here on the bike." I envy you. I don't know how you managed to get so many pictures. I about wrecked the car craning my neck to look at things!

Sure wish you two would quit teasing me/ us...:rasberry:

You two ride safe.

Hope you and your friends all have an enjoyable time and safe return home.

You rode the road I want to ride.. Two years ago I mentioned having an rally in Durango and only a few answered. I think Durango and that area would be a memory for all who attended if we ever had a VR rally there.

I'm ready to go there now, but cant due to work..but maybe next year.. :biker:

Hey Dennis....great pictures....but whats with the chase truck?

:puzzled:

Yeah, we've got a chase truck. It's driven by a friend that doesn't ride. It's a great way to travel. The only thing loaded on the bike is rain suits an snacks. Everything else is in the truck.

Dennis

Incredible is all I can say. We rode 550 from Durango to Montrose and passed through Silverton and Ouray with a side trip to Telluride. For me this ride ranks right up there with the "Going to the Sun" road in Glacier, maybe better. The elevation rose to a little over 11,000 feet.

Everyone needs to go over this road at least once. I've placed some of the day's photos on my web site and they can be seen at www.traynorphoto.com/day7

Dennis

New member and really enjoy this group of great people. Dennis I see you live in KY. Just need to tell ya that the temp was 95 and the humid was 88 in WV on Sat. My two grandsons are spending sometime with "gramps" and just when I was looking through your pics yesterday the two came crawling out of bed. You sure did make a very fast hour go by, "THE PICS ARE GREAT". I have not been over this entire site but your pics are beyond doubt the best I've seen here. I hope we have on this site a place to vote for "Best ALBUM OF THE YEAR" if not WHY??????? I love gandsons, riding, bluegrass and photography and would like to personally challenge all members to sacrifice a little time on their rides and capture scenes and post them as you have. "SUPER JOB" "THANKS" "RIDE SAFE" Freddie :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

brings back great memories of a colorful fall ride through there. Definitely one of the best rides in the country. Another must is Beartooth Pass on US 212 on the Wyoming/Montana border.

Hope you had time to go to the Bar D Chuckwagon BBQ.

Dennis

Congratulations, Dennis! That is definitely one of the top rides in the US, if not the World! I hope you get a chance to ride the Chief Joseph, and especially the Beartooth while you're in the area.

We rode through the Montana and Wyoming areas 3 years ago. Not this time.

Dennis

Hope you had time to go to the Bar D Chuckwagon BBQ.

Unfortunately we didn't. We planned to but it started to rain right after we arrived in Durango. I called the Bar D to inquire about reservations and learned that it was open air seating but it would be covered and the temperature at dinner time would be in the low 50's. We just ate in town.

Dennis