IGNORED

Have You ever?

Installed a 86-93 engine in a 83-85 frame? My 84 has a bad oil leak from 13 years of storage. The motor only has 23K on it and runs strong, shifts smooth, no 2nd gear problems yet.

I have a 89 motor with only 15K. I would like to know how it runs. Can I swap the two with no problems using the 84 carbs,etc kind of a plug and play swap?This would let me clean up the 84 engine,repair the dry seals, and decide if I should attempt a early second gear fix before problems arise. I could reinstall the 84 engine later. Who knows the 89 might run good in the 84.

Redneck know where I can buy some second gen parts to fix the 99?It does a lot of whining.Intermittent audio connections the list is growing for it.
Its just taking its revenge for all those off color comments you have made in the last couple of years.:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I think it should fit, I thought I heard the Carbs on the 83 to 85 were

different then 86 to 93. ?? You probably have to use the 1300cc engine carbs.

By the way, where is the Oil leak ?? Did you give the engine a pressure wash, to clean everything, so you can pin point where the oil is comeing from??

It may not be as hard to fix as you think.

No pressure wash yet. The oil leak is dripping down on the collector from the shifter side. Riding the bike engine hot you don't notice the oil leak. Leave it set cold for a few weeks over on the kickstand and there is a puddle under the shifter area. It seems to leak worse or only when leaning over on the kickstand.

Oil Seal on the Shifter Shaft ...

Collector and Shift Linkage undone, pull the Oil Seal, clean everything, new Seal in ...

1 or 2 Hours Job on the Lifter, depending how good or bad the Collector goes undone

Could also be the Clutch Slave Cylinder, but if that would occur, you would notice the Fluid Level on the Clutchreservoir dropping

Carbs are the same for '84 to '93, only '83 is different, don't know for sure for the Main Jets, they should be slightly different