IGNORED

Leaf lookers weekend in Wisconsin?

bryan52577

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What > Leaf looker weekend In Wisconsin

Where > Reedstown, Wisconsin (Kickapoo campground / Crooked River resort, motel , cabins and campground.)

When > October 7th to the 10th (8th and 9th as tour / ride days)

Rides >Rides will leave campground at 10:00am'ish "as it will be cool", returns before sunset.(Ken AKA 920SHREK1 has a ride planned for one day and I have a ride for the other one. You can come join us or ride your own ride and join us at night for campfire, food, drinks & BS.)

Campfire, Welcome to have some Chili on Thursday night the 7th, Grill some burgers and or brats after rides. I'll make some breakfast at least a couple of mornings.

Pretty trees, Great roads, Good friends, Did I mention warm up by campfire and BS and drinks after the days rides?

So who all / how many are coming? So we know how much food and such.

Only 19 days to go!

Bryan

Count reading the posts again >

Have cabins rented >

Bryan & Lisa (Bryan52577)

Ken (920Shrek1)

Deb & Gary (Iowawegian)

Bill (A1bummer)

Bob & Karen (Scooter Bob)

Have said count them in >

Jim & Ann (Mischevious)

Rick & Shirley (Rick Hayward) (Arrive Friday)

Zagger (Zagger) (You got to see his RAT bike if he brings it, we saw it at Davis Rally last year)! :thumbsup2: UPDATE (Zagger had home issues and will not be able to make it. We wish him and his wife all the best.)

Steve (Eagleeye) may stop and see us too, has another ride he is on.

And even if you can't make the whole weekend and just able to come for a day! :thumbsup2:

Edited by bryan52577

Sorry guys, I cannot attend. Just found out this afternoon that my wife is going in for some fairly nasty surgery on Friday, Oct. 8. It might seem pretty insensitive if I headed out of town for a colored leaf trip with camping to enjoy myself. I'll join you another time.

zag

Sorry guys, I cannot attend. Just found out this afternoon that my wife is going in for some fairly nasty surgery on Friday, Oct. 8. It might seem pretty insensitive if I headed out of town for a colored leaf trip with camping to enjoy myself. I'll join you another time.

zag

Zagger,

I understand about taking care of the wife. Hope she comes out of surgery well. Our prayers are with her.

Catch us again, maybe next year?

Ride safe,

Bryan

Hey Bryan, just let you know I went thur that area on my way home from Balltown (took the long way home) some of the leafs were just starting to turn:thumbsup2: I think we should be there just at the wright time.:thumbsup2: The colors up by me are just getting a good start. Temps are high 40's at nite warming up to upper60s durring the day with exception of the last 2 days when it was up in the high 70s.Have 2 routes long one and a shorter depending on the weather still plan on getting to GRAND DADS BLUFF for :photographing: Mindoro pass is a may be and if is really nice out PIKES PEAK???? for some more :photographing: :smile5:

Count reading the posts again >

Have cabins rented >

Bryan & Lisa (Bryan52577)

Ken (920Shrek1)

Deb & Gary (Iowawegian)

Bill (A1bummer)

Bob & Karen (Scooter Bob) (Arrive Friday evening)

Have said count them in >

Dan & Sheri (IH Truck Guy & Cupcake) (Arrive Saturday morning)

Jim & Ann (Mischevious)

Rick & Shirley (Rick Hayward) (Arrive Friday)

Zagger (Zagger) (You got to see his RAT bike if he brings it, we saw it at Davis Rally last year)! :thumbsup2: UPDATE (Zagger had home issues and will not be able to make it. We wish him and his wife all the best.)

Steve (Eagleeye) may stop and see us too, has another ride he is on.

And even if you can't make the whole weekend and just able to come for a day! :thumbsup2:

I talked to Dan last night. They'll try to make it down on Saturday morning, join us for the ride, and stay Saturday night for the festivities.:banana:

See you there, Scooter Bob

I talked to Dan last night. They'll try to make it down on Saturday morning, join us for the ride, and stay Saturday night for the festivities.:banana:

See you there, Scooter Bob

Thanks Bob,

Looks like we could be in for a GREAT weekend. Weather forcast (long range) is calling for dry days the whole weekend! YIPPY!

Be good to meet more people! Glad they can make it, even if only a day.

Ken says he has two different routes (depends on time) and I have two routes (working around a *#%$@& road closure) oh well maybe next year? HUUUUUM an annual leaf lookers? Cool!

Bryan

One more week, and we'll be waking up at a cabin on the other side of the state.:cool10::banana:

And if the weather is anything like this weekend, it'll feel just like PIP:cold:, right Ken!

See you all there, Scooter Bob

I bet it will be,,,,, cool? :whistling: But hey, that is what the camp fire and BS at the end of day are for, to take off the chill. :sign woo hoo:

Bryan

][/size]Just checked the 7 day forecast for next weekend:clap2::thumbsup2::smile5: Dry and temps in the 70's This is what "ACCU WEATHER" HAS! Bryan & Scooter tell the grils to pack there Swim suits.Maybe we will have some time to go Canoeing.

Ken,

Lisa is still laughing at that request and I can't repeat on here what she said.:yikes:

Bryan

AccuWeather is giving me a better outlook on the weather in Readstown for next weekend.

Jeannie got herself a good pair of longjohns for the ride just in case the weather gets cool. Looks like it will be a nice ride and she won't be needing them. I'll get a few extra pounds of ground beef and brats to share from my favorite meat market. I'll also bring my tripod grill and some miscellaneous cookware. I'll also try to grab some condiments, onions, cheese, etc. Maybe I can go dig up a root of my horseradish and grind up some fresh horseradish? I'll have to start getting the trailer ready a couple days early so I don't forget everything trying to get it together at the lase minute. As it is I have to work until 3pm on Thursday and Jeannie and I won't be getting down there until later. It will be a 2.5 hour ride or so for us and it takes me about 50 minutes to get home. So I'm thinking it'll be somewhere between 7 and 8 when we get there.

See ya all there,

Bill

AccuWeather is giving me a better outlook on the weather in Readstown for next weekend.

Jeannie got herself a good pair of longjohns for the ride just in case the weather gets cool. Looks like it will be a nice ride and she won't be needing them. I'll get a few extra pounds of ground beef and brats to share from my favorite meat market. I'll also bring my tripod grill and some miscellaneous cookware. I'll also try to grab some condiments, onions, cheese, etc. Maybe I can go dig up a root of my horseradish and grind up some fresh horseradish? I'll have to start getting the trailer ready a couple days early so I don't forget everything trying to get it together at the lase minute. As it is I have to work until 3pm on Thursday and Jeannie and I won't be getting down there until later. It will be a 2.5 hour ride or so for us and it takes me about 50 minutes to get home. So I'm thinking it'll be somewhere between 7 and 8 when we get there.

See ya all there,

Bill

Bill,

Brats and burgers sound good! :thumbsup2: I will make some chili Thursday night and be sure to save you some. We should get there between 3 and 5 pm We'll leave a light on for ya! :sign woo hoo::beer:

Bryan

Bryan

Just wanted to let you know that Gary and I won't be able to make it this weekend. If anyone is interested, we canceled our cabin so it's available.

The weather looks like it's going to be great and I know you guys will have a terrific time!

Your hitting peak season over there and we'll be thinking of you!

Bryan

Just wanted to let you know that Gary and I won't be able to make it this weekend. If anyone is interested, we canceled our cabin so it's available.

The weather looks like it's going to be great and I know you guys will have a terrific time!

Bummer, :(

IH Truck Guy was lookin' forward to meeting you guys too.

Maybe next year. See the rest of you Friday night, Scooter Bob and Karen

Sounds like a great time, sorry we will be unable to make this, but you should know that if you do come to La Crosse, to get to Gran dad's Bluff, you will have to go the back way up Hwy 33 and cut over. Bliss road has been washed out again and is closed.

Sounds like a great time, sorry we will be unable to make this, but you should know that if you do come to La Crosse, to get to Gran dad's Bluff, you will have to go the back way up Hwy 33 and cut over. Bliss road has been washed out again and is closed.

WOW thanks for the info! (OH KEN, BETTER READ THIS!!!)

Sorry you can't make it.

Bryan

Edited by bryan52577

WOW thanks for the info! (OH KEN, BETTER READ THIS!!!)

Sorry you can't make it.

Bryan

Thanks for the infro will have to make some change's (LUCKY THING I CAN LEAVE EARLY AND CHECK IT OUT!!!:cool10:) SEE Y'all ON THURSDAY,FRIDAY,OR SATURDAY ON MY WAY. EVERYONE THATS COMING OVER DRIVE SAFE SEE YA AT THE CROOKED RIVER KEN RIGHT ON AEY:thumbsup2:

bryan

just wanted to let you know that gary and i won't be able to make it this weekend. If anyone is interested, we canceled our cabin so it's available.

The weather looks like it's going to be great and i know you guys will have a terrific time!

sorry to hear you wont beable to make it. Maybe next time (maybe at the spring meet & eat at ducky's) bryan & i are planing a ride for that weekend as well.