IGNORED

Just thought I would share this

Black Owl

An old friend sent this to me, and since I am sitting here in a pouring rain just thought I would share it with Boomer and the other vets.

http://objflicks.com/MoreThanAName.htm

Some things may be forgiven, but should never be forgotten.

:15_8_211[1]:

Sitting in the pouring rain reminds me of my days in the Nam also. Great tribute to a great bunch of lost buddies that I remember so fondly and even after all these years still cry when remembering how they were lost and why. I have only visited the "Wall" twice since and made a complete spectical of myself both times. Thank you so much. These type tributes make me look back on my days served "in country" and I still don't fully understand. Semper Fi

I never made it into Vietnam, but I am what you might refer to as a Vietnam "area" vet. In 72 I was in Ubon, Thailand, 30 miles from Laos and 45 miles from Cambodia in the USAF helping out those F-4 Phantoms. It seemed like it was 106º and about 106% humidity and when it rained, it really poured and then 15 minutes later the sun was out and that steam was going back up.

I have several friends on the wall and that's a very video, thanks.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

I have only visited the "Wall" twice since and made a complete spectical of myself both times. Thank you so much. These type tributes make me look back on my days served "in country" and I still don't fully understand. Semper Fi

I made it to the Lincoln Monument 3 times and drove home-- Before I got the Courage to go down to the WALL

Thanks Black Owl for the video

Thanks for posting the video. I had seen it before, but it's good to remember the cost of our freedom.

I'm a Vietnam Vet and currently work for the KY Department of Veterans Affairs and it is my honor to assist veterans on a daily basis. We are not part of the Federal VA, but work with them on running state veterans cemetaries, veterans nursing facilities, and a benefits division to help KY's veteran file for benefits claims.

Thanks to the other vets on this site for their service to our country!:usa:

Keech

A great tribute...what a terrible time. I sometimes feel guilty that I came home from Nam intact when so many lost so much. I have been to the Wall several times...if you can stand in front of it without a tear falling you just don't get it. No one detests war more than the military...whenever someone calls a military member a "war monger" it makes my blood boil. God Bless all the folks who are wearing, have ever worn, or ever will wear a uniform of the United States military.