IGNORED

Star Days 2010 Chattanooga Tennessee

Al Bates

Clever name Backseatdriver :)

I am going to STAR Days and planning on doing the Swamp Azz ride. Don't know the route but they are talking about Cherahola Skyway. I am wanting to do Jack Daniels Distillery again. Not so sure about Tail of the Dragon. I was on a VTX in '07 and kinda want to see how it will be different on a Venture, but then again was dissapointed the 1st time around.

From what I have heard the Indy members are taking a 1100 mile detour to get there. Leaving Saturday and arriving Monday afternoon.

Us Westfielders are just making a straight shot Monday am.

Wish we could go but have way to many other things going on to even think about it! Cant wait for all the legal crap to be over and finally have the kids away from the mess they are in with the ex. Have a great time those who are going and have fun for me to please!

Carol and I are going, staying at ChooChoo. I've been riding with Star (Columbia SC chapter) for 4-5 years.

As for Dragon, I hear it will be Miata hell on the 24th weekend, so best go earlier in the week. The Cherohala Skyway is the main part of the Swamp Azz ride, Thursday.

Star Days is Monday 19th through Friday, rideout Saturday. You don't have to be a member or even registered for a number of things. The Vendor area includes the Yamaha demo rides.

If interested in the schedule, go to http://www.stardays.org/ then look on left for RIDES AND RALLIES, then Star Days, then Final Agenda of Events.

I'm guessing that last time it was in Chattanooga, 3 years ago, there were about 800 there. Might be smaller this year,,,,,, it's the economy, and the ChooChoo ain't a cheap stay. But there's several cheaper motels in the area.

See some of you there. I'll be on a black Yamaha.

Mike G in SC

(PS: anyone in the ColumbiaSC area interested in Star Touring, we meet monthly and ride at least once a month. Did the Beacon in Spartanburg last week. Email me mikeginsc@bellsouth.net or if you know Cajun,,, give him a call. We're looking for members but we don't push "membership" real hard.

Visit the local site www.sc-starriders.com .)

Who will be at Star Days this year 2010 Chattanooga Tennessee?

Diane and I will be there, were staying at the Cho-Chooooooo:sun:

Check out the Star Days 2010 calendar.

http://venturerider.org/forum/calendar.

:7_2_104[1]:

Star Days

http://www.startouring.org/

http://www.stardays.org/

Hey Al, Jude and I are attending but the schedule is a mess. She'll actually be there more than me as I have work committments and can only be there on Friday.

Maybe we'll bump into you!

Wife Beverly and I are going and staying at the Choo Choo. Will be there Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Heading back Thursday AM to the Dallas area with a meadering 3 days ride back. Going to ride the Natchez Trace, or at least a portion on the way home.

STAR DAYS I think is over tonight - or tomorrow in Chatanooga, Tenn. I'm sorry, I don't have the exact address - the host hotel was the Choo Choo - or something to that affect.

Your correct, tonight is the last night and it was the Choo Choo.

The address is:

Chattanooga Choo Choo

1400 Market St

Chattanooga, TN 37402

I thought the closing bell was Friday at 4:00 because we had hoped to ride down for a few hours at the Choo Choo and then stay for Nightfall downtown, too. It alone is worth riding down for...

Checking the STAR Touring's website it says:

STAR DAYS 2010: July 20-23 2010 Chattanooga, TN

The International office will be closed the week of July 19-23, 2010.

The staff will be working at STAR DAYS.

Edited by yamadawg
wrong info? update

We're at the ChooChoo now.

Star Days goes on till today at 4PM.

There should still be vendors here and the Star Demo rides.

There is a "Chattanooga History Trivia" ride today at 9-2.

There is a bbq but its a pre-register thing.

We pretty well filled the hotel with Yamahas,, guessing about 500????

The "Swampass" ride yesterday was Cherahola Skyway & TN 68 & NC/TN 64.

The Dragon was optional as it was in the area. Several did.

So head down for the day, still a lot of people here, many ride out tonight or, like us, tomorrow.

Mike G in SC (now in TN)