IGNORED

Carb Sync- V Twine

uechi kid

We own a RSV and it's now time to start doing my own maintenance (no more local dealer). So I'm buying the tools to do a carb sync and I start thinking about my Suzuki M95/ MS. Do we need to sync the carbs on our V twin's? I've never seen a post about that.

I have a 72 Honda that doesn't have vacuum carbs, does have two carbs. The manual says to hold your hand behind the muffler and make sure the pressure coming out is the same in order to sync the carbs. Problem is the pipes are 2-in-1 Scrambler pipes. Anyone have any idea how I can sync them? I have used a laser heat reader on the headers, seems to work OK, but not great.

(sorry for jackin' the thread!)

http://theuprightmotorcyclebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/1972_honda_cl175.jpg

I have a 72 Honda that doesn't have vacuum carbs, does have two carbs. The manual says to hold your hand behind the muffler and make sure the pressure coming out is the same in order to sync the carbs. Problem is the pipes are 2-in-1 Scrambler pipes. Anyone have any idea how I can sync them? I have used a laser heat reader on the headers, seems to work OK, but not great.

pull the muffler off the pipes while balancing.

We own a RSV and it's now time to start doing my own maintenance (no more local dealer). So I'm buying the tools to do a carb sync and I start thinking about my Suzuki M95/ MS. Do we need to sync the carbs on our V twin's? I've never seen a post about that.

OK, just realize why I don't see any posts about Syncing late model V twines. FUEL INJECTION!! http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

Sorry and Thanks

Rick,

There is a few things that aren't adding up to me here with your statements. If you inquiring about your RSV, then there are 2 things here you need to know.

#1 It's a V4 not a V twin

#2 It's not FI on any RSV's there are 4 carbs on ALL RSV's so yes you definitely need to sync them.

If what I have said has made things a bit clearer, then I would invest in a Carbtune synchroniser tool. It will sync carb from 2 to 4 carburetors, I have done inline twins, V twins, triples and 4 carbs with mine.

Here is a link to purchase one directly from the mfgr....

http://www.carbtune.com/carbrevw.html

I bought one from Sean Morgan 2 years ago and it was the best investment I have made. I'd wager that I have used it on 100 different motorcycles.

OK, I have two bikes. A RSV which has four carburators and an 04 Suzuki M95 V twin which is fuel injected.

In my research I have found that a multi throttle body fuel injected V Twin needs to be synced. Now I'm trying to find out if the M95 has two throttle bodies. My service manual NEVER discusses synchronizing the throttle bodies. Which leads me to think there is one throttle body that feeds two cylinders.

OK, I have two bikes. A RSV which has four carburators and an 04 Suzuki M95 V twin which is fuel injected.

In my research I have found that a multi throttle body fuel injected V Twin needs to be synced. Now I'm trying to find out if the M95 has two throttle bodies. My service manual NEVER discusses synchronizing the throttle bodies. Which leads me to think there is one throttle body that feeds two cylinders.

OK that make a bit more sense to me now. If the are are 2 butterflys then yes they need to be synced. Is there a parts breakdown list on Suzukis website like Yamaha where you can get part #'s. You could look at an exploded view of the fuel bodies and see from there.

Guest tx2sturgis
Now I'm trying to find out if the M95 has two throttle bodies. My service manual NEVER discusses synchronizing the throttle bodies. Which leads me to think there is one throttle body that feeds two cylinders.

Take some good well lit close-up pics of the area between the cylinders, if you can get past the air cleaner. Post them here. We can probably look at those and make an educated guess. One website I visited refers to the throttle BODIES on an M95.

Apparently the M95 was a Kawasaki model OEM'd by Suzuki for only a short time.

The Boulevard M95 is built by Kawasaki Heavy Industries and is a lightly restyled version of the 2005 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1600

Its the same as a kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak 1600.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2005-kawasaki-motorcycle-vulcan-1600-mean-streak/o/m4467

It has a dual-throat 40mm throttle body.

http://www.bikebandit.com/assets/schematics/Kawasaki/KA-0705-01240.gif

Edited by RandyR

You can really see that there are duel throttle bodies in the Bikebandit schematic. Now I just need to find out how to synchronize them. Strange that the shop manual doesn't address this. Unless I missed it (been know to happen).

Thanks everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

http://theuprightmotorcyclebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/1972_honda_cl175.jpg

Look carefully , even Honda had small screws in the intake somewhere, to allow using adapters to connect a sync tool.