IGNORED

HID Low Beam, but No High Beam ??

Ok, put in the HID kit from that everyone is raving about.

Well of course, Murphy's Law now steps in. I have low-beam but no high-beam, put the old bulb back in, both beams work. Called the Canadian company and they say not enough power to the ballast for the high-beam or could be a faulty low/high beam switch on the bike.

Took the switch apart and of course it is a sealed plastic unit with three wires coming out.

Now I slowly push the switch to high beam and the HID high beam comes on, but that is with the switch barely depressed and when fully enaged, no HID high beam.

So anyone have a possible answer, otherwise I am going back to the standard bulb.

Honestly, the guy was being helpful. I really believe it is in the Venture high/low beam switch.

What I am finding out is that when I go from low to high beam slowly, the High beam will operate, but I must not move the switch any further. If I move the switch all the way forward, the high beam does not illuminate, but the old bulb in the original socket will.

so I am wondering if something in the kit is wired backwards. :confused24::confused24:

Very decent to deal with as we also had that same problem on one of the installations we did here..

In our case, my buddy had a headlight MODULATOR installed on his headlight system which was disabled but it still caused problems to the HID system. Once we took that out of the system, everything worked perfectly..

Hopefully your fix is as quick and easy ;)

Edited by Seaking

Very decent to deal with as we also had that same problem on one of the installations we did here..

In our case, my buddy had a headlight MODULATOR installed on his headlight system which was disabled but it still caused problems to the HID system. Once we took that out of the system, everything worked perfectly..

Hopefully your fix is as quick and easy ;)

Nope, no Modulator on this bike. Just took it out for a ride, can ride all day on low beam, and I can find the sweet spot on high beam switch, just can't depress it all the way.

George, i dont know if this will matter any but when i wired mine up i didnt follow their directions perfectly. I grounded my black to a good clean ground in the fairing and ran the hot to an aux fuse box under the seat with its own fuse. Like I said, im not sure if it matters but its just a thought. Its also possible that your ground connection isnt in a good spot, especially if your sharing a ground location with another ground wire.

???

Jeff:smile5:

George, i dont know if this will matter any but when i wired mine up i didnt follow their directions perfectly. I grounded my black to a good clean ground in the fairing and ran the hot to an aux fuse box under the seat with its own fuse. Like I said, im not sure if it matters but its just a thought. Its also possible that your ground connection isnt in a good spot, especially if your sharing a ground location with another ground wire.

???

Jeff:smile5:

After I get back from Alabama, I will run a ground to back to the battery area. I grounded it were the radio is grounded.

If your standard H4 bulb switches from high beam to low beam just fine then its not the switch on the Venture. The Hid I use moves the bulb to change the beam pattern. Sounds like something in the HID kit wiring isn't right. You do have to run the hot from the battery or a switched hot to the kit. The plug in to the existing headlight lead on the bike is just to sense the change from low to high.

If your standard H4 bulb switches from high beam to low beam just fine then its not the switch on the Venture. The Hid I use moves the bulb to change the beam pattern. Sounds like something in the HID kit wiring isn't right. You do have to run the hot from the battery or a switched hot to the kit. The plug in to the existing headlight lead on the bike is just to sense the change from low to high.

I have it connected to the auxiliary fuse panel, with a 10 amp fuse. Looks like the hot from the kit is a 16g wire, but I ran a 14 from the fuse panel with a connector to the 16g. The rep from the company stated it sounded like it was not getting enough juice for the high beam.