IGNORED

Riding to the Funeral

HALRSV99

Man I'd like to ride. Is that option still open? But I'll cage it if we are.

Post from Ramblin man inviting us for eats afterward, are we in?

Quote:

To all those attending Leslie's funeral on Saturday -

As it would be Leslie's wishes, the family will not be having a wake after the funeral. My wife and I would like to invite any of you who will be attending to join us at our house for a light lunch and fellowship after the service.

In order to make necessary arrangements we would appreciate having an idea of how many of you may be joining us. Please email us at mbooks@xplornet.com

Thanks, Bruce & Maxine

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15913&page=2&highlight=garyn

I think it would be a wonderful idea.

CARL, was thinkin of stayin at my brothers place and then hook up with folks.

ED

I rode to the funeral home tonight to pay my respects to the family and spoke to Gary's son's, they said he was awake and talking which is a good sign, but they didn't know how long it would be till he could come home.

I saw Ramblingman and he mentioned that parking is behind the Chevy dealership by the high school ( I think I got that right). So far I intend to ride the bike, hope to meet you on Saturday.

Ian

All that are going to the funeral, please let the family know that if we all could attend, we certainly would be there. Unfortunately, circumstances prevent me from coming, and I most definately would get up at whatever time it took to get there from here. Please carry us in your hearts and minds as you participate, and safe trip to all.

Dan

Guest maddabber

Yesterday Leslie was laid to rest. There was about 16 venture riders there. I was glad that I went and would like to thanks Hal and the rest for picking me up and making me feel very comfortable. Thanks Carl for your prayer before we all departed for our homes. It was to bad we could not stay and spend time with Bruce but many had to get back.

Since I got home I have thought to myself why this happened. Maybe GOD just decided that because there are so many people riding that he did not have enough ANGELS to look after us all. So he took Leslie to become that ANGEL to watch over us.Now when we cruise through the twisties and onto the plains, though the mountains and the roads along the streams we now have our own special ANGEL.

Rest in peace Leslie.

Darrell

16??? did you run out of fingers, maddabber? been playing with a chainsaw or something?

heres a pic i took at the school auditorium of our group....and i'm not even in the pic. i hope i got all the names right...and if i didnt, please forgive me. i dont think i met the pretty lady whose name i put down as ???. sorry lady, but i dont think we were introduced. was hard to figure out who belonged to the ventureriders group and who didnt. carbon one and denden were gracious enough to come over and introduce themselves to me or else i wouldnt have known them either. was nice meeting you folks for the first time, and i hope we see each other again. was 'too bad we met under such circumstance', as squidly said to me when he came over to me seeing me in tears. sorry guys,,,but happens to me everytime at funerals cause i start imagining myself in the shoes of the children and close relatives of the deceased. the good company i had made the trip quite pleasant. have to remember to bring along some ducttape next time i ride with maddaber(darrell) in the same vehicle. just kiding, darrell. you are a fun guy to travel with.:whistling:

Good turn out from the group. I was thinking of this all during the week-end (we were out of town), and wishing we could be closer so we could attend.....we were there in spirit if nothing else.

How is Gary? I've looked everywhere for more information but cant find anything.

i dont think i met the pretty lady whose name i put down as ???. sorry lady, but i dont think we were introduced.

Abdul that is Michelle (sp ?). She is from Michigan and has come out to many meet and eats.

You would have meet many of these people and many more if you would come with us when we go across. It is only a 150 miles (from Kitchener), you know it is almost in your "back yard":sign20: (do you remember this comment?)

BRad

Guest maddabber

Well excuse me Abdul, but I did not have everyone lined up when I counted.:confused24: So beat me with a wet noodle. It was good to see that many ventureriders made the trip.