IGNORED

Carb Sync Price @ Stealer

SilvrT

I got a Carbtune from a member last winter (it was brand new). Paid less than $100. Used it once on my scoot and last night sync'd a buddies bike.

Cost him a 6-pak of beer and a short trip to my place. Took me less than 15 minutes.

I'd say I'm already ahead of the game by a 6-pak. Probably would have cost $100 at the stealer's.

Those of you who've taken your scoot to a dealer for a sync ... what did it cost? (curious to know)

How hard is it to do with the Carb Sync? How do you know when the carbs need syncing?

Best to pull up the Service Manuel, and read thru the process.

Service Manuel is posted On this web site, in the " maint section "

Don't start messing with the carb sync, untill you completly understand what you are doing.

However, haveing said the above, its actually a very simple process once you have the tool, and an understanding of what you are doing.

Only thing the manuel does not call out, is that it is necessary to have about 1/16 to 1/8 inch of " free play " at the " pull cable " on the master carb ( left side , front carb )

The service manual is TYPICALLY helpful for most things, however the procedure for synchronizing the carburetors in the manual is incorrect. The following link describes the correct way to do it.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=258

Best to pull up the Service Manuel, and read thru the process.

Service Manuel is posted On this web site, in the " maint section "

Don't start messing with the carb sync, untill you completly understand what you are doing.

However, haveing said the above, its actually a very simple process once you have the tool, and an understanding of what you are doing.

Only thing the manuel does not call out, is that it is necessary to have about 1/16 to 1/8 inch of " free play " at the " pull cable " on the master carb ( left side , front carb )

How hard is it to do with the Carb Sync? How do you know when the carbs need syncing?

Remove 2 rubber nipples

Remove 2 rubber tubes

Hook up 4 Carb Sync tubes

Turn 1 screw & watch carb sync tool - turn screw to make 2 sync indicators even

Turn another screw - do the same as above

Turn a 3rd screw to balance all 4

Remove Carb Sync tubes

Reconnect original rubber tubes and nipples

That's it ... you're done.

Oh yeah, you will have to make a bit of an adjustment to the idle speed so that means turning another screw... whewwwww!!!

You'll know when it may need syncing if it's running rough, backfiring or popping are also good indicators.

Guest scarylarry
Yeah, that is a fair price for a Ventue with Fuel Injection!:thumbsup2:

After that is when me and yammy talk and they sold me a EFI for my venture, I do like not having to choke it but not much difference in the running or mileage

My dealer had a spring special that included an oil & filter change, carb sync, changed the final drive fluid, bypassed the AIS, checked the air filters, checked the one plug they could get at, and a basic once-over of fluids & fittings. cost me $115 OTD. Not necessarily a bargain, but I was ok with it.

My dealer had a spring special that included an oil & filter change, carb sync, changed the final drive fluid, bypassed the AIS, checked the air filters, checked the one plug they could get at, and a basic once-over of fluids & fittings. cost me $115 OTD. Not necessarily a bargain, but I was ok with it.

Your dealer bypassed the AIS? Isn't that emission control equipment, and tampering with it is a no-no? How many car dealers would bypass a catalytic converter for you?

Dave

Thats a steal at a Stealers. Must have took them 20 Min!!

90 Bucks here in town. I have done both our bikes several times now with the carb tune. Paid for itself the first time.

Stop laughing Russell......ok I helped Marilyn do it alright...is that what you wanted to hear!:8:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: