Someone in the chatroom asked this question and wasn't able to figure out how to post (English not being his first language) so I'm offering to give a hand since I can't find an answer already posted on the forum. I figured this info might be useful in the future to others who came across similar issues in Europe.

Are the mufflers for a venture royale XVZ13DA (1990); are the original mufflers available in the U.S.? what mufflers did you mount. the JAMA-mufflers are not available any longer I contacted the producer laserexhaust in the netherlands and was told they don't produce them anymore.

He says they must be TUV tested per the german regulations on vehicles.

K, Thanx

Kat :)

Hey Kat,

Weird....I used to have a cat named Kat.

But anyway...you might sent any questions on that to "Squeeze" by PM. He's one of our resident go to guys that happens to live in....get this.......wait for it......Germany!

Might save some time in the effort of sorting out the language issue and he would probably know what it would take to deal with the strict regulations over there.

Tell him Snaggletooth sent ya....then duck!

He's not on the site all the time but he checks in a lot.

Mike

Ebay will have mufflers listed from time to time. There are actually two different attachments for the 1stGen mufflers. 83-85 and 86-93. The early years can be adapted to the later, but not the reverse.

Well Folks, i've been off line for quite some Time(around two Weeks) but now i'm back and will get in touch with our Visitor in the Chat.

thanks for getting this going.

Wondered why you've been so quite lately... Good to have you back...

I've been here ....

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=47.64313995838164~10.228494107723236&lvl=7&sty=r&rtp=pos.48.894175216555595_9.19187530875206_Ludwigsburg%2C%20BW%2C%20Deutschland___e_~v.48.79415446190142_9.221501648426056_B10%20%2F%20B14%20%2F%20Uferstra%C3%9Fe~v.46.66040304937866_11.166567206382751_Romstra%C3%9Fe%20%2F%20Via%20Roma~pos.46.39395937435987_11.218752264976501_in%20der%20N%C3%A4he%20von%2039052%2C%20Tr.A.A.%2C%20Italien___a_&mode=D&rtop=0~0~0~

Made a four Day Trip to and through the Alps ...

The 8 Days before, i've been in my Shop, mounting some electronic Gadgets and a new rear Tire on the '09 ...

Darn near torn the half Bike apart to get everything in Place and functioning. Gathered some 12 Recordsets about AFR/RpM/TP :whistling::whistling:

Well, of Course i was riding the '09 Max ... My first real Outing on Mountain Passes. The Bike did very well, I'm able to ride it to 85 to 90 Percent of it's Abilities. The last 10 Percent, well, these are the Lean Angles i'm mostly afraid of ... Especially ripping the Throttle wide open at those Angles. We've been hooliganing though Passes in the Area on Friday, 350 km/220 mls with 8 Bikes and we had a BLAST !!!!

Sound like a great ride Lutz.

I got nuttin to whine about. I took a weeks vacation and did 2,432 miles in six days though five states. Made at least 4 turns, saw a few curves and even went up some hills. Threw caution to the wind and went down them to. Whew!!

Something about living in Nebraska just lacks excitement ya know.

Oh yea...saw some cows! And a raccoon.

Mike

Wow, those are impressive Numbers too !!! :happy34::happy34::happy34: You've been through half of Europe with that Lenght of the Ride.

Here's what i did while running down to South-Tyrol on Thursday.

http://www.timmelsjoch.com/en/extras/gallery/overview.aspx#

They've opened the Timmelsjoch Pass Road just on Monday before. It was impressive to ride between Snow Walls left and right of the Road at the Height of 4.5 to 6 Yards. Imagine yourself racing towards a Snow Wall, brake hard, corner and full Throttle out of the Corner only looking at the next Snow Wall and the next extra sharp 180 Degree (or more) Hair Pin turn ... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

There was the Mendel, Tonale, Reschen plus countless others ... some of them which the Roads where even only 2 Yars wide with 50 Meters between the Turns ...

All in all, i did only 1508 km/940 mls from Thursday noon to Sunday 6 pm. But i did it quite fast :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Still analyzing the Engine Data i aquired, 12000 Recordsets ...

They've opened the Timmelsjoch Pass Road just on Monday before. It was impressive to ride between Snow Walls left and right of the Road at the Height of 4.5 to 6 Yards. Imagine yourself racing towards a Snow Wall, brake hard, corner and full Throttle out of the Corner only looking at the next Snow Wall and the next extra sharp 180 Degree (or more) Hair Pin turn ... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

There was the Mendel, Tonale, Reschen plus countless others ... some of them which the Roads where even only 2 Yars wide with 50 Meters between the Turns ...

sounds like a great bobsled run.. :cold:

Well Dan, there's nothing to be afraid of with the Max. Brakes are absolutely outstanding. ABS is working very well too. No Wheelies on full Throttle, almost no black Marks on the Road, just pure Thrust. Only Problem with full Throttle at a lean Angle is, the rear Tire likes to kick out once in a while. If that's happening and you gone too far, a nice a 8 Yards High Sider is to come in the very near Future ... i'd love to be able to control a nice Power Slide out of the Corners, but my Gut and the little Amount of grey mass in the Noggin' constantly keep on preaching me ... Don't do it ... Don't do it .... :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:The Bike is, without any Doubt, up to the Job but i'm afraid to rip it fully open at heavier Lean Angles.

It's a Lot of Fun with the Venture, but with that low Amount of Power and the given Weight, it's like a Piece of Cake and i'm not having any bigger Problems running with my Vmax Buddies through the Twiesties, even two up. The '09 is a much different Story, 200 Horses create a Lot of pull on the rear Wheel .... :whistling:

Yes Randy, a bobsled Run is a very good Comparison. Especially since the Road wasn't wide enough for two Cars to pass each other on several Spots.

I have a pair that take off of my 84, but needs to be chromed again to look like new.

I purchased another pair two years ago that were almost brand new.

Can go for 150$ + shipment if you wanted.

Regards,

I'm in Contact with the fellow. We're exchanging EMails today. He didn't sound as if he's interested in buying old Mufflers, but i'll pass your Offer on to Thorsten.