IGNORED

darn cops

oldgoat

well i came home about 2 hours ago after picking up some choke and puke for dinner. when i saw a nice officer looking over the motorcycle. i parked the car got out and said

officer is there something wrong?

he said well i been driving by here for the past week and noticed this motorcycle is still parked in the same spot. so im writing up a tow it sticker?

i asked did you run the plates to see who it might belong too?

he said im about to do that?

i said well im the owner and i live right there. in that apartment thats about 14 feet from the bike. is my front door. he said oh well you should move that bike so we know its not stolen and abandon? i didnt want to tell him it was coverd last 6 days so what makes him think someone just up and left it? and it has current tabs? today i pulled the cover off. to do some cleaning on it before i install the master that will be comming shortly.. and explained i do not have off street parking here. as do the other 2 renters. but to make him happy i fired up the bike to show it runs. left it in neutral and pushed it 5 feet backwards. therefore moving the bike. he said ok it runs and it has been moved.

i said yep thanks. he then said i will be back in 72 hours to make sure its moved again? damn what a jerk. if he would have put that damn super sticky red ticket on my new windshield. i might have went to jail.

Down here as long the bike is not illegally park & tag is up to date theres nothing he can do about it. it can stay cover up for years as long its up to date. Most of the police officers I know ride motorcycles and are pretty cool guys but we do have a few loose nuts as well down here. I myself would be calling the PD and ask for the Captain on patrol and ask really nice if he or she would check on it.

I myself being their head Mechanic tell them to behave or their car might just be down for a few weeks:whistling:that seems to work every time.

Call his boss and ask what their policy is. Sounds like hes misinterpreted a rule. Either way you'll be informing his boss of what has transpired to date, and, getting a heads up if his boss tells you the same thing. Don't let it turn into a p...ing battle, as you'll most likely loose. My experience is most cops are Good guys...

. My experience is most cops are Good guys...

NOT ME!!

Sounds like the typical guy who pulls me over .... on a power trip.

You proved him wrong and yet he still wants the last word? Watch this dude, he's trouble with a badge.

DEFINITELY, call his sarge and ask the rules "because you were unaware of this situation and don't want to cause any trouble", thereby getting it noted ... But dont spread it on too thick, he'll just have one of his buddies in the "brotherhood" hassle the heck outa ya if he gets in trouble with his boss.

This has been MY personal experience, just FYI.

well i came home about 2 hours ago after picking up some choke and puke for dinner. when i saw a nice officer looking over the motorcycle. i parked the car got out and said

officer is there something wrong?

he said well i been driving by here for the past week and noticed this motorcycle is still parked in the same spot. so im writing up a tow it sticker?

i asked did you run the plates to see who it might belong too?

he said im about to do that?

i said well im the owner and i live right there. in that apartment thats about 14 feet from the bike. is my front door. he said oh well you should move that bike so we know its not stolen and abandon? i didnt want to tell him it was coverd last 6 days so what makes him think someone just up and left it? and it has current tabs? today i pulled the cover off. to do some cleaning on it before i install the master that will be comming shortly.. and explained i do not have off street parking here. as do the other 2 renters. but to make him happy i fired up the bike to show it runs. left it in neutral and pushed it 5 feet backwards. therefore moving the bike. he said ok it runs and it has been moved.

i said yep thanks. he then said i will be back in 72 hours to make sure its moved again? damn what a jerk. if he would have put that damn super sticky red ticket on my new windshield. i might have went to jail.

some cops are just out to abuse their privelages

There's good and bad cops out there, likely he saw a uber nice bike and was jealous. Hubby and I get pulled over routinely here in town because we drive a caprice and the cops see it as a gang car. Last time was for the tag being expired by like 2 days (hubby's work schedule prevented him from going to the tag office to pay the taxes on the car in a timely manner) The cop was shocked there were white ppl in the car.:yikes::yikes:

well i made a few phone calls and was informed.

that if the bike or even a car was parked on a public street.

or even in your yard. it must have current tabs.

well duh!! the reason the city enforces this is because of what they call the junker rule.

seems like my town had problems with broken down cars in yards that where not up to date on tabs and so forth. this makes it hard on a person who might be restoreing a nice muscle car.the rules on that are the car can be on your property. must have tabs and current plates or you can purchase a rebuild permit? if its coverd it must show the back plate? any car not moved on a public street after 7 days. is subject to a tow sticker/ you can then drive the vehicle down to show them it does run. and they will remove the sticker if you do it with in 3 days of the tow it sticker. if it gets towed cost is $125 for the tow and $15 per day stowage charge. damn this town. realy loves to stick it to there citizens. but i was told i was in the right. and if it gets towed or gets a ticket. it could be harassment?

Why not try a different tack on this....next time you see that LEO offer to have coffee with him at a local place. Sometimes it takes more effort to make a friend than it does to make a enemy....but the end results of friendship far outweigh anything else.

Boomer.....who can send armed pygmies as a last resort....

That is like the little girl riding her new Christmas bicycle down the street and a mounted policeman commented on what a nice bicycle it was and asked her if it was new and she had gotten it for Christmas. She said she had, whereon the policeman gave her a $5 ticket and told her to have her father install a rear reflector.

The little girl returned the "courtesy" saying he had a nice horse. Was it new? He said no. She then said that when he got another one, they should put the dick under the horse, not on top!!!:rotfl:

well i made a few phone calls and was informed.

that if the bike or even a car was parked on a public street.

or even in your yard. it must have current tabs.

well duh!! the reason the city enforces this is because of what they call the junker rule.

seems like my town had problems with broken down cars in yards that where not up to date on tabs and so forth. this makes it hard on a person who might be restoreing a nice muscle car.the rules on that are the car can be on your property. must have tabs and current plates or you can purchase a rebuild permit? if its coverd it must show the back plate? any car not moved on a public street after 7 days. is subject to a tow sticker/ you can then drive the vehicle down to show them it does run. and they will remove the sticker if you do it with in 3 days of the tow it sticker. if it gets towed cost is $125 for the tow and $15 per day stowage charge. damn this town. realy loves to stick it to there citizens. but i was told i was in the right. and if it gets towed or gets a ticket. it could be harassment?

Sounds like........

Organized Crime !