IGNORED

Talk Talk Talk

KarlS

After the funeral Friday my Daughter went up to spend the Holiday with her nephew in the thumb of Michigan. I road the bike up to bring her back and for the 2 hour ride back she didn't shut up once. Did not hook up the intercom and she just rattled on and on and on. If I didn't answer her she just answered herself. When we hit rain I figured she would close her visor and couldn't talk, but no, left it open and just kept talking away. Man did I get a ear full of her future hopes and dreams. Even when we stopped to get gas she talked while I was pumping, followed me in to pay for it and never missed a beat. At times I just couldn't keep from laughing. I better have a good cell phone plan when I let her have her own phone.

Enjoy these times with her to the fullest; great to let her talk. One day it all may change; she will talk to her friends and everyone else but not as much to you anymore and you'll wonder what happened and where have those years have gone? These times will be good memories. :thumbsup2:

Nothing wrong with that. In today age its nice to know what are children are thinking. I have 2 daughters and I know what you mean when they start talking.And there 24 and 23 yrs old. But maybe someday they will say that my parnets are cool. Happens here can't tell you how that feels but its great. They grow up way to fast!!!!!!

Glad to hear that she's coming thru whats happened, sometimes you just gotta let them ramble on to straighten out their thoughts. Glad to see ya got a ride in too, I've been doing nothing but laying landscape block this weekend.......

This day and time and with the things todays kids are exposed to, I hope you are countng your blessings.

Oh I wasn't complaining. Just amazes me how she can just keep going and going and going. An animal rescue person is one of the many jobs she is gonna have.

When my girls were little and living at home. I would take each one with me on a car drive across town to help me get something. It didn't matter what I was picking up it was the long ride that mattered. And as you found out, they just opened up and told me all about their life and plans and friends. I never had to ask anything just nod my head, and occasionally "is that right, no kidding, thats nice". I miss those drives.

…and hence the difference between a ‘Grandmother’ clock and a ‘Grandfather’ clock... a Grandfather clock goes “Tick”, Talk, Tick, Talk”, and a Grandmother clock goes “Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk…..”

The memories I have of my 2 boys and the many talks we had give me the strength I need for being away from them now. I gave them cell phones and a paid up family plan for 2 years....we can talk all we want for free. :^)

I sometimes get calls from them at 2am in the morning....and I love talking to them. They are old enough to realize that I won't live forever and they really want to talk to me as much as they can....and they are teens no less!

Boomer.....who loves his sons more than life itself.