IGNORED

Name for AC A-Coil

Yammer Dan

I need a A-Coil for my Nordyne piece of JUNK. House A/C furnace Unit. Don't want to toss whole thing now but have leak in A-Coil. Only name I have ever known it by. AC coil that sits under the furnace in the inside unit. I think this is a bolt in item and could probally save bucks just to replace it myself. Going to have to be recharged anyway but I can't find the thing anywhere. The coil itself is Model # C30A-O24U-B

Serial # C309902-57709

Furnace is a Nordyne

Model #M1GC070ABW

Serial # M1G990200397

Anybody Know anything about this? Getting hot here!! I've had to cut chasing the Warden in 1/2.

Checking numbers on the site Craig sent me. No exact matches but I think it will work as long as it fits in the hole??? Are all connectors on quick connectors the same? I'm getting there.

Getting hot in here. Need more cold drinks!!:innocent:

Will it work as long as it fits in the hole???Looked but can't come up with exact match. This is the part that turns the air cold so it needs to fill that hole (space it is supposed to sit in) pretty good so air goes thru it instead of around it?? Guy I had come and charge it last year gave me a price of 1500 bucks to replace. I would just as soon replace entire noisey unit( furnace & A/C) as pay that much but haven't checked on that yet. Probally get shocked by price. The coil itself (evaporator) is going to run about 500 bucks then cost to charge it. Another 150. Need to figure out which way to go. Warden getting warm!!

Dan that evaporator coil looks like its 24000 btu or 2 tons of cooling by the model number you posted. The coil is made cool to the touch by the refrigent boiling off in it. when the coil is cool the heat from the houses passes through it and is absorbed and transfered outside . I don't know why your getting such high prices but around here any contractor can get a fairley good replacement for less then 200 bucks. It dosen't have to have quick connect fittings unless it a real real old system that used a plastic flexable pre charge line set that was sold over 25 years ago..Just cut and soder the fittings. a filter drier should be put in the small liquid line by the coil. vacume system down to a good vacume and charge with amount of refrigent listed on outside condensor unit. that number is usually good for 15 feet of copper from condensor to evaporator. if longer add .5xfeet for extra refrigent. Good luck..:thumbsup2:

Around here the mobile home evaporators usually sell for around 600 to 700 dollars installed and with a warranty. Cost on the evaporator itself is around double what some of you guys are quoting. Then add in a drier, refrigerant and a few bucks for misc. and labor. I would be happy to get you a price on the coil only if you want to replace it yourself. just shoot me a pm if you are interested.

After about 2 years, my compressor locked up, so I trashed the split unit and went with a regular 4 ton Heat Pump unit. I bought it through my local electric utility thru a TVA energy program. The utility company has someone come out and install it, then you make a small payment each month, which is just added to your electricity bill. No money needed up front.

Might be worth looking into, to see if your utility company has a similar program.

"The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) Energy Right Heat Pump Plan promotes the installation of high efficiency heat pumps in homes and small businesses. Through a third-party lender, TVA provides ten-year financing for residential heat pumps with repayment through the customer’s electric bill to their local power distributors. TVA Energy Right is an umbrella program, and the loans are independently administered by 143 separate power companies served by TVA, each of which runs the program, specifying their own terms. 2008 installations totaled 8,749.

Installation, performance, and weatherization standards have been established to ensure the comfort of the customer and the proper operation of the system. A Quality Contractor Network has been established for maintaining high installation standards. TVA also pays the distributor $175 for each high efficiency installation. To find out who is participating, click here. For more detailed information for participating contractors and utilities, click here. Customers should contact their local utilities to see what programs are offered."

I have found the Evaporator Coil for 300 bucks to the door. Problem now is Warden. She don't kick often but may be right on this one. I don't know!! She has gotten the idea that we should replace the whole thing with a more energy efficient unit. Our is what is called a split system I think. Double Wide Mobile home Junk!! I don't know much about the things. Way back there I did help do some installing of them. Now i'm stuck. Repair the thing for about 400 bucks (coil and getting unit recharged) or replace furnance and A/C with better unit at what cost? And will it save money in the long run??? Maybe I'll just shoot her!! Wonder where she put my gun??

After about 2 years, my compressor locked up, so I trashed the split unit and went with a regular 4 ton Heat Pump unit. I bought it through my local electric utility thru a TVA energy program. The utility company has someone come out and install it, then you make a small payment each month, which is just added to your electricity bill. No money needed up front.

Might be worth looking into, to see if your utility company has a similar program.

"The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) Energy Right Heat Pump Plan promotes the installation of high efficiency heat pumps in homes and small businesses. Through a third-party lender, TVA provides ten-year financing for residential heat pumps with repayment through the customer’s electric bill to their local power distributors. TVA Energy Right is an umbrella program, and the loans are independently administered by 143 separate power companies served by TVA, each of which runs the program, specifying their own terms. 2008 installations totaled 8,749.

Installation, performance, and weatherization standards have been established to ensure the comfort of the customer and the proper operation of the system. A Quality Contractor Network has been established for maintaining high installation standards. TVA also pays the distributor $175 for each high efficiency installation. To find out who is participating, click here. For more detailed information for participating contractors and utilities, click here. Customers should contact their local utilities to see what programs are offered."

Would I need one this big? About what is total cost of one this size? TVA don't come up this far north.

TVA doesn't, but your power provider might have a similar program. I picked the 4 ton, as my house is 1500sq. ft., and I like to keep it cold. You could hang meat in here most of the time...lol

They will come out and do a survey, and recommend the right size for your house. I think mine was around $6000.

Change it all out to a 95+ efficient furnace with a Seer 13 AC condenser and coil, you'll save money in the future. Biggest thing is to make sure you have enough return air coming into the system, last contractor I had do mine screwed that up, I let someone else do it (came from the wif), ended up with ONE 12" return downstairs in the floor. In the system I designed and installed in 95, had a return in each room up by the ceiling (9' high, > 1800 sq ft 2 story), used a 75k BTU propane horizontal furnace down in the crawl, it would cycle even if outside temps went below zero! Also a comfortable air flow, no cold or hot spots. Now I have both!

My bill went down enough, so that when they added the payment in, it ended up being about the same. One of the best things is, now that it's all outside, I don't have to hear it running. Those split units are sooo loud.

Mine is a Rheem. I've had it ten years now, and only things I've done are hosing out the condenser coils, and replacing one starting capacitor.($10)

What type of system do I ask for. I haven't messed with them for about40 yrs. Changes are unbelievable. Do I want a Heat Pump? And is that the A/C unit and Furnace combined?? I can fix the old one for about 400 bucks. It is a 12 yr old Nordyne?? Furnace part looks like new. One of the Warden's complaints is it kicks on so hard. I already have a new Thermostat that I'm told will stop that?? Haven't installed yet. Is it worth upkeeping. Sorry to bug every body with non bike stuff. I'm having a great spring. If it hasn't gone wrong it will next week. I'm lost on this thing. Too many ways to go. Maybe I should have called the man.

Call your local utility company, and see if they have any info on it. Mine is a heat pump, which is central heat and air combined. It doesn't put out lots of heat like a gas unit does, unless it gets REALLY cold out. Read up on them, and see if that's what you want or not. I could've gotten a gas unit just as easily thru them, but I don't like gas in my house.