IGNORED

Garmin 765T Feedback

I'm in the market for a new GPS. And I'm interested in the Nuvi 765T.

My Question is. How is the Quality of the Build in MP3 and the Bluetooth...and is it easy to use these Features when you are riding.

thanks

I dont use the Bluetooth so I cant comment on it.

the MP3 Player has accecptable sound when I use the audo cable output insted of the FM transmitter.

I use a 8GB SD Card and play the music on random.

Jill will mute the music from time to time to give me turn by turn insturctions.

this is my first GPS unit and I do love it.

I got it inxpensivally from Costco's web site.

I have the 760 for 2 years now and am very happy with it, mp3 works great, I have it wired into aux splitter in fairing, sound is much better then radio. I dont have much trouble seeing the screen even on sunny days. I would definetly buy another nuvi if this one died. Craig

The bluetooth works great as well. Whether through the FM transmitter or wired in with the Buddy Rich cable. The transmitter of course requires a good and free channel. The Buddy Rich cable is definitely the way to go tho. Make sure you let him know you need the mic input wire with it. It will then work through the bikes intercom system allowing you to answer the phone if you want. I typically don't answer but the screen will show you that you have a call and tell you who it's from if you have the number stored in your phone. You can then hit ignore and call back later or answer it. I did test it out after installing mine. Called my dad and he said he couldn't even tell I was driving on the interstate. No outside noise whatsoever.

I have read several reviews on the internet from people who said , when you hardwire this GPS on your bike ..it will drain the battery ...how do you guys have this system installed...so it will not drain your battery .

thanks

I have mine mounted on the left, rite above the radio controller, I just plug it into the the power port on the left side of fairing. I generally only use it when I am on a long trip. Never had any battery issues. Craig

I have mine mounted on the left, rite above the radio controller, I just plug it into the the power port on the left side of fairing. I generally only use it when I am on a long trip. Never had any battery issues. Craig

Graig ...Didn't you have any issues with the plug, when you turn the handle bar to the left, that the plug touch the Gas tank?

thanks

Speaking of "Mounts" what did you use to mount it? Since that would be figured into the total cost of the unit.

No the plug does not hit the gas tank, even at full lock, I have a ram mount cradle for the nuvi, then the 4" arm, then the 1" ball mount that attaches at the mirror base. I purchased everything for about $35 if I remember correctly?? Its all Ram

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/RAM/ram.asp?prod=RAM-NUV7

You need: Ram 11m Base

Ram 3" arm

Ram Nuvi cradle

Then you need a power cable that plugs into the nuvi and into a cig liter

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Vehicle-Portable-Navigators-010-10723-06/dp/B000EGQS5G/ref=pe_17090_10344020_as_img_5/]Amazon.com: Garmin nüvi Vehicle Power Cable: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EFCXEj5AL.@@AMEPARAM@@41EFCXEj5AL[/ame]

Edited by cecdoo

No the plug does not hit the gas tank, even at full lock, I have a ram mount cradle for the nuvi, then the 4" arm, then the 1" ball mount that attaches at the mirror base. I purchased everything for about $35 if I remember correctly?? Its all Ram

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/RAM/ram.asp?prod=RAM-NUV7

You need: Ram 11m Base

Ram 3" arm

Ram Nuvi cradle

Then you need a power cable that plugs into the nuvi and into a cig liter

Amazon.com: Garmin nüvi Vehicle Power Cable: Electronics

So the power cable doesn't come with the Nuvi?

As I get it you just unscrew your mirror, Put the ball mount on the mirror mount and then screw the mirror back into the mirror mount through the Ram mount, correct? That's pretty nifty.

I'd be half tempted to do this if the wife wouldn't give me the evil eye. :duck:

You get an auto cradle with a suction cup mount with the nuvi, that cradle has it own plug set-up. I am sure you could engineer a way to make that mount on the bike. I chose to get the ram bike mount, I keep the auto mount in the car, its easy to swap between the 2 vehicles. Its just that easy to install with mirror mount. If you watch amazon you can get the works for less then $200 I bet.:080402gudl_prv: Craig

mirror mount. If you watch amazon you can get the works for less then $200 I bet.:080402gudl_prv: Craig

Bass Pro shop charge now 199.99 for the 765T and coming week the Bass Pro shop stores have the Father day sale going on ..and they told me, they would have the 765T on sale.

Maybe when I'm lucky, I get the 765T GPS Cheaper.

I have the Garmin 765T and have just noticed some thing. I have the Buddy rich cable installed in the fairing and an AUX splitter. I ran the AUX cable to the head phone jack on the 765T and the small microphone cable from the Buddy Rich cables to the microphone jack in the cradle. If the IC volume is turned up high all I hear a lot of static and can hardly hear the MP3 music or the GPS directions. Turning the IC volume down makes the music and directions sound clear but then through the IC I can't hear my wife on the head set and she can't hear me. As far as the Bluetoothand the phone I couldn't hear the person calling me but they could hear me OK. Before getting the new 765T I had an old Garmin 330 Street Pilot and my MP3 playes plugged into the Casette AUX port and no Buddy Rich cable set up or AUX splitter. The 330 wasn't hooked up to the bikes audio so most times I couldn't hear the directions but the IC was just fine with the MP3 player in the AUX port. Any one have any ideas why the IC is interfearing with the MP3 sound and GPS directions?