OK, I am really confused on this. My new bike has the extra lights which are set in chrome all over the back of the rig and a simple switch to turn them on and off, which works fine. I was replacing it with a rocker switch that has an LED (so it now needs it's own ground).

When I flip the switch the on/off functionality of the switch works fine but the LED only goes on for a brief moment before the switch engages (basically just flashes on then back off).

Any thoughts on why this LED wouldn't work. For the supply I am using a blue wire that comes from the fuse box. The load is the one I am assuming goes to the lights. I ran a ground wire right to the negative terminal of the batter, do I need a different ground point?

I also went and got another identical switch in case there was something wrong with the rocker I bought first.

Thanks!

I am confused, did the extra light you have all over the back of the bike come from a previous owner or is this a new bike? The rocker switch you installed may be faulty or a bad ground, but I never use this style of switch. Do the function lights come on and the LED in the switch just blinks? I like the marine grade switches with a rubber boot over the toggle. Then I put a pilot light on the dash which signals whether it is on or off.

Best of Luck

:farmer:

When I flip the switch the on/off functionality of the switch works fine but the LED only goes on for a brief moment before the switch engages (basically just flashes on then back off).

Any thoughts on why this LED wouldn't work. For the supply I am using a blue wire that comes from the fuse box. The load is the one I am assuming goes to the lights. I ran a ground wire right to the negative terminal of the battery, do I need a different ground point?

Are you sure that you are connected to the proper terminals on the switch and that you don't have it switched 180°.

From what you described it should work.