IGNORED

No longer a Venture Rider :(

Guindalf

Well, I did it. I traded my Venture.

I never toured, so it was just too big and heavy for jumping on and cruising.

What did I replace it with?

A 2010 Honda 1300 Custom Interstate...

http://i43.tinypic.com/2eeaa1c.jpg

It's a lot lower, lighter and easier to handle. I coudn't give up the shield, floorboards and bags and I have an engine guard on order to take the Kuryakyn highway pegs. I'm also ordering a sound system, so I won't miss too many of the extras the Venture offered (never used the CB or cruise anyway).

Nothing wrong with what you did....the Venture is not for everyone. At least you can keep yer knees in the wind and that's what counts!!!

Boomer.....who sez even the pygmies ride Mo-Peds....but not in Liberty Texas....and not topless.

Wrong your still part of this family no matter what you ride Look at some of our Moderators they ride other brands too so you still family here Heck they still keep me around for some reason:think:

P.S. Blue is my favorite color too!!! That's a beauty:happy34:

Well, I did it. I traded my Venture.

I never toured, so it was just too big and heavy for jumping on and cruising.

What did I replace it with?

A 2010 Honda 1300 Custom Interstate...

http://i43.tinypic.com/2eeaa1c.jpg

It's a lot lower, lighter and easier to handle. I coudn't give up the shield, floorboards and bags and I have an engine guard on order to take the Kuryakyn highway pegs. I'm also ordering a sound system, so I won't miss too many of the extras the Venture offered (never used the CB or cruise anyway).

Very Nice! I like those alot. Sat on one at the Honda Dealership that does work on my Goldwing. I've been doing a lot of thinking about what bike will be next and this one is on the list, but then so are about 10 others:whistling:

thanks, guys :)

You know what, Dan? I DID notice it was blue! That's why I bought it ;)

Thanks to a broken water pipe at the house yesterday, I wasn't able to ride much, but I still managed to put over 100 miles on the odo. Getting used to it is fun. It's SOOOO much easier to handle, especially at maneuvering speeds, and just backing it out of the garage doesn't come with that "I'm going to drop it" fear. Have to get used to not having a fuel cutoff/reserve switch though. I feel sure I'm going to run out of gas sometime. I'm still on the first tank, so I haven't even filled her up yet! The book says 52MPG, so that could be a couple days.

Of course, there's less protection from the elements, but that's a real advantage in 90+ degree weather.

Can you tell I'm lovin' it?

As for still being a VentureRider, notice the thread title is "No longer a Venture rider", not "No longer a VentureRider"!!!

:missingtooth:

That's an awesome looking bike. Although I haven't seen one live yet, it's already on my list of bikes I would like to have.

Please keep us posted on your likes and dislikes.

Edited by wrongway2
edited to correct my spelling mistakes :)

Congrats on the purchase. I am sure you will enjoy it for many years (as I did when I had my VTX).

I probably feels like handling a toy compared to a Venture.

One question though

Have to get used to not having a fuel cutoff/reserve switch though.

Did they fuel inject it? I am sure they have gone through some changes but my '04 had a fuel reserve on it.

yup, but not the custom line. Just says vtx1300 line since he mentioned tourer.

I do see the Custom Interstate model does show FI, but the 1300T(ourer) does not.

Missed the Custom Interstate part from the post. I must have been drooling and having good memories from the good ole' days. :-)

I like the looks of the Sabre too. Looks like they revamped that model too.

yup, but not the custom line. Just says vtx1300 line since he mentioned tourer.

I do see the Custom Interstate model does show FI, but the 1300T(ourer) does not.

Missed the Custom Interstate part from the post. I must have been drooling and having good memories from the good ole' days. :-)

I like the looks of the Sabre too. Looks like they revamped that model too.

Yes, the Sabre is brand new too. It's almost the same as mine (without the tour package and chrome front forks) but has the larger diameter, skinnier front wheel.

Tony - just curious. Why did you buy the Honda and not the V-Star 1300T?

I'm looking for something a little smaller myself, and the V-Star is at the top of my list for looks, though I haven't actually taken a test ride yet.

Did you compare both? Were you interested in the Yamaha 1300? If so, why did you choose the Honda?

Thanks!

Been looking at the Interstate the last 2 days. At one dealership no matter what accessory I asked about he said they could get. The dealership today said he didn't know if any accessories were available. I looked on Hondas web site and could find no accessories listed even though the pictures of the Interstate under accessories showed a passenger back rest, different side bags and a carrier bag behind the passenger back rest. I must have a drivers backrest or I can't ride with my bad back.

• 3 weeks later...
Tony - just curious. Why did you buy the Honda and not the V-Star 1300T?

I'm looking for something a little smaller myself, and the V-Star is at the top of my list for looks, though I haven't actually taken a test ride yet.

Did you compare both? Were you interested in the Yamaha 1300? If so, why did you choose the Honda?

Thanks!

I didn't even look at the 1300T as I fell for the Honda as soon as I saw it. It's not a "vanilla"-looking bike.

I've owned both Honda and Yamaha (obviously) in the past and, while they are both great companies, I think the Honda products just slightly have the edge - especially with the 1300 Custom series.

As for accessories, the bike is new on the market, but everything is available for order. I got my engine guard within a week or so of getting the bike.

Almost 1000 miles later and I have no sore tailbone stories and I love it!