:dancefool:Sorry guys i know there are a ton of threads on this but man fishing through them all you end up more confused lol. Ok so i have about 78000 miles on the ol girl and the clutch has been slipping since oh about 15000 miles ago. I won a new Barnett clutch plate set and have never put them in. Should i use these or just try to replace the spring with heavier duty spring? If i use these do i need anything else along with it? Never done a clutch before but i know it is not that hard i just want to make sure i have everything to do it the day i tear it down as i hate to be with out it. New baby due next month so have to make sure i have the bike for my sanity. :) Thanks for the help.

In the kit you won, does it include the 6 spring pressure plate? I put one in last fall (just the coil spring plate) and it made a HUGE diff. Follow the tech article, and it's a couple hrs to complete. Only other thing w/b if you have too much whine, might chg to the I basket.

Chief, whatever way you go, make sure you replace those PP bolts with new ones. The old ones will snap off at the worst time. My preference was allen head bolts. 6 lbs may not seem like much but those old bolts will break on ya.