IGNORED

from U.S.A. to Canada and then back

Karl C.

Okay I understand alot of laws have changed since terrorism has gotten worse but everything I have heard is what someone believes and not the full gospel.

What I am wanting to know is what does an American have to have on them to drive a motorcycle to Canada and then be able to get back into the U.S.A.?

I am thinking I also need to check with my insurance to see if I am even convered going there. Not planning on a trip this year but maybe next summer.

About a year ago a friend of mine said that a friend of his took his honeymoon in Canada and well they had no problem getting into Canada but could not get out due to U.S.A. issues...

Went to the North Dakota Peace Gardens last year which lies in between the 2 Countries never gave it a thought, cause we never went by the Canadian Port of Entry. The Peace Gardens lie in between the two Port of entries. While they did allow us back in, :no-no-no: were told you need to have a pass port, our names taken down and told we would be detained should we try to enter the USA without pass port. Bottom line you need a pass port

Being a border town they drummed it into us last year when the rules were changing. You either need a passport or the enhanced drivers license. I just checked, IN does not appear to offer the enhanced drivers license so it's a passport only for you.

BTW, enhanced drivers license is only good for re-entry by land or sea. Anybody coming by airplane needs a passport.

always buy extra insurance, while traveling into canada.

make sure the person your traveling with, doesn't have any out standing warrants.

any medications, should have the perscription information with it., and only bring enough, for the trip

Errect, means STOP!!!!:stirthepot:

Never worried about the insurance but good point about prescriptions!!

Of course I've never been asked about any, and never been searched. When they ask if you have anything to declare I say no, which isn't a lie, because I am not going to "Declare" I am bringing parts across to fellow Ventureriders...

Basically, either a passport or an enhanced driver's licence.

Absolutely do NOT be carrying heat when crossing...

This is the best guidance one can give. We (government) frown on carrying guns...if caught with a handgun you will likely end up in jail...no kidding.

A fella I met at one of the meets said he buried his handgun beside a tree on the US side and came over then retrieved it when he went home!

I cant speak on insurance but we have thousands upon thousands of US guests visiting here and one would suspect that like ours, their isurance covers them to travel. It would be silly not to....but worthwhile to check out.

I presume you are crossing into Ontario. Nice there but busy. Manitoba...just set the cruise and tie the handlebars straight and relax....not many curves here!

which isn't a lie, because I am not going to "Declare" I am bringing parts across to fellow Ventureriders...

Bob those are gifts and do not add up to more than 40 bucks per person.

Declared and allowed. Plus a bottle of booze per person coming into Canada.

:thumbsup2:

BRad

Been many years ago a freind and I took a little drive over into Canada and stopped at a local bar and had a beer. Didnt even think about it till after I ordered but I ordered a Budweiser and was commenting on how expensive it was... then I remembered it is an import there.. Then I got more irritable because I actually like Canadian beer - molson ice, moosehead, but now I dont drink alcohol at all so it doesnt make a difference..