I was wanting to know if they make this piece the same for all the years between 83-93? The reason I am asking is because when I put my bike back together again and started riding it my front fender is hitting on the radiator cover and scratching my paint off. I have two different sets of these top and bottom and I don't know which set they used. I know where this is a front end crash that it could have very well bent the frame but I don't see where it is bent and I am hoping that I can just change these and change the rake on the front of the bike. I also notice when I ride it that it is hard to control at very low speeds. 1988 venture with no air in front forks

It changed in 86 for the MKII. However I believe the change was in how the bars mount. The lower part of the tree is the same all years.

I've had my hands on two that were hit pretty hard in the front. The forks seem to break before the steering neck bends. The steering neck on the Ventures is pretty beefy.

Unless you've got something mounted wrong your problem is likely bent forks.

I was checking to see if anyone else had any ideas on this or if there is a way I can measure it to find out if I am off or not. I don't really see how I could have put the front end back together wrong there is only one way it can go but if you know of something I might have missed please let me know.

Hi,

I'd like to see this. Could you post a picture or two of the bike's front end assembled and the clearance issues?

What springs have you got in the fork tubes, OEM or Progressives? Just a thought.

Cheers,

Brian H.

Hey Curtus,

I have seen this problem on two other bikes that have taken a hit in the front end! The first time I saw it, I banged my head on the garage floor about 2 weeks before I found the problem. I both cases, the "stem" that holds the upper and lower steering head bearings had been slightly bent, moving the front wheel closer to the frame of the bike. Because the steering head bearing stem and the front forks create a "right triangle" it takes very little movement at the steering head stem base to change the angle of the forks all the way down to the end of the forks where the wheel mounts. If your forks have been replaced, then you need to swap out the triple tree which includes the steering head bearing stem. This should return the front wheel to it's proper position.

If you need parts, or have other questions, please feel free to PM me.:thumbsup2:

Earl

Hey Curtus,

I have seen this problem on two other bikes that have taken a hit in the front end! The first time I saw it, I banged my head on the garage floor about 2 weeks before I found the problem. I both cases, the "stem" that holds the upper and lower steering head bearings had been slightly bent, moving the front wheel closer to the frame of the bike. Because the steering head bearing stem and the front forks create a "right triangle" it takes very little movement at the steering head stem base to change the angle of the forks all the way down to the end of the forks where the wheel mounts. If your forks have been replaced, then you need to swap out the triple tree which includes the steering head bearing stem. This should return the front wheel to it's proper position.

If you need parts, or have other questions, please feel free to PM me.:thumbsup2:

Earl

I took the front end a part and I checked the stem. I have 2 of them and did not know which one was which. I checked the one I took off compared to the other one. It was easy to see that the old one was bent. The one I have on the bike is strait.

If you have 0 air in front-end is it possible for your front fender to hit.

I took the front end a part and I checked the stem. I have 2 of them and did not know which one was which. I checked the one I took off compared to the other one. It was easy to see that the old one was bent. The one I have on the bike is strait.

If you have 0 air in front-end is it possible for your front fender to hit.

I have a 1983 venture and with leaky forks needless to say it is EMPTY. tire does not hit or rub anything and I do have the proper size tire on the bike.