IGNORED

Anyone have this Backrest?

Who Dey

I was just wondering if anyone uses this backrest? I know most of you guys use the Utopia or the Diamond R. I am leaning toward the Diamond R or possibly this one as they seem to be easier to install. Also does the Diamond R come with the pillow top look? It would be nice if it matched my stock seats.....thanks.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=42&Category_ID=32&manufacturer_ID=6&product_ID=15939&related=short

I can't give you any info on the backrest you have a link to other than I looked at that also but decided to go with the DiamondR. The DiamondR does come with the Pillow Top to match the seats. All you have to do is pick the "Overstuffed" when you order & it matches very well. Plus you get the extra pouch on the back of it so the rider can put a few things in there. Hope this helps.....

That backrest was on my '06 Midnite Venture when I bought it. It looks good and works very well from my perspective. It does sort of prevent the use of a one piece replacement seat as the entire backrest would have to be removed in order to remove the seat. Other than that, I would recommend the backrest highly.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w58/Ken3233/IMG_0275.jpg

Ken

I have the same backrest, previous owner purchased it. I did lose a bolt out of it and had to replace it. Either vibrated out or who knows? Works fine for me, sometimes the wife will rest her hands on it too, for a change in position. Fits me nice, I have my bike lowered in the rear and the pad hits in the back of the ribs. And as you can see makes a dam nice helmet holder! (Sorry no pics of rest :) )

I've got a Utopia rest on both my V Star and RSV I've installed both of them and it's not difficult! Very comfortable/adjustable. I personally wouldn't be without a backrest! Probably cheaper and as good as any of the rests mentioned...

ww.utpr.com

Larry M