IGNORED

Goin to San Diego Tomorrrow

Herb In Texas

Thanks Ya'll. I will let them know. As many of you who have served know the wieght of what my kids are doing today, and can truly understand the sacrifice they are making. then you can understand the pride and worry this brings to a parent. I do trust that the Lord God above has everthing in hand. and his will be done. as for my part all I can do is pray and hope that his will includes that my kids will be among the old folks in time. and to anyone who has had a loved one give the ultimate. My eternal thanks for what your family has sacrificed. In Jesus's name we pray, Amen

I know the pride you will feel as you watch the graduation parade, the confusion in trying to pick him out of so many marching in unison. But the feeling in your heart will exceed what you think you will feel, especially if those who have served in the brotherhood and are sitting in the stands, are asked to stand with them.

I know not how we brought such strength of duty and purpose in the little packages that we brought into this world and who now stand so tall in front of us, but somehow you did. Your family continues to serve and continues to show it's love for this country and what it represents. I am as proud of you who brought him to this point in his life as I am of him. I hope some day to be able to tell him that one day, even if he never knows who I am.

Semper Fi

hi herb

as a old navy salt i have nothing but respect for the marines. have put many of them shore with the amphib forces and special ops on my gunboat during my 'nam days. best reguards to your son & daughter may they come back home safe and sound. be safe on your scoot ride.

reguards

don c.

Made it home yesterday. What a great ride only snow was in the mountians on I-8 in Cali. Thanks to ya'll for your well wishes and support. It truly is with great pride I can report while Jake was is boot camp he was meritoriously promoted for being the company high shooter. Takes after his old man in that respect. I was a PMI for awhile and have taught him, and Kate for that matter to shoot in the Marine Corps. style since they could hold a 22. He can hit a gallon jug at 1000 yards consistantly with a .308. As I was there I spoke to a D. I. who had a familiar name. Turns out he is the son of a Marine I had long since lost contact with. Going to correct that soon. Being a Marine vet it was cool to watch through wet eyes as my boy did the about face and steped forward to be a marine. There are many of you out there who know what I'm talking about. When I was able to shake his hand and give the one arm hug. I said to him You know you have and always will be my son, but today you became my brother. And thanked him for picking up the gauntlet that old age had caused me to set aside. I will never forget the time I served nor will I forget those who have and serve today. I wish that I did not have to work any more so I could spend more time riding with the Patriot Guard.

Sorry for the long and rambling post. Im just a proud dad and folks at work are tired of listening to me as I am sure you are too.

Semper Fi

Herb