IGNORED

Sinc. carbs but have problem

Hi;

I haven't seen this problem before so here goes.

I got a cheap 87 VR 1300, the bike runs OK but rough ran Seafome thru it changed plugs. It helped a Little but still very rough Idle and back firing some manly on deceleration.

I decided to sync. the carbs. Problem is the bike runs so rough the vacuum gages bounce so fast you cant see then, they just vibrate in a range of about 1/3 the gage blindingly fast?

I have a sinking feeling its the valves are out of adjustment some thing fierce but thats just a guess.

I'm hoping some one here is familiar with this condition and can give me a hand, any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Pete

Hey Vonwolf,

Use the Idle Adjustment Screw to raise the RPM'S above 2000 and see if the Vacuum levels out.I take it you are not using a Carbtune Manometer? If you have a Carbtune, there are 4 restrictor tubes that will take care of the problem. Another Idea is to have a friend hold the throttle at 3500 RPM'S and set the Carbs, once set try them at idle and it should be easier to read.

Earl

• 2 weeks later...
If Vacuum is not steady, that indicates problems with valves not seating properly. Worst case scenario is a complete valve job, but an adjustment may be all that is needed.

There is a difference between unsteady vacuum and the normal rapid pulsing that occurs in the intake. You need a restriction (near the vacuum port) and a significant volume (long hose) between the restricter and the gauge to damp the oscillations.