IGNORED

Flashing Brake light

ronhenry4

Today while riding i met up with a friend who i hadnt seen in a while. we got to talking i was saying i was thinking of putting a "back off" modulater on my RSV and said look at this. ( i should have taken pics) but instead of putting that on his bike he went to a saftey supply store and bout a red led flasher the type used on police and fire and mounted this to his sissy bar it has a built in flasher so all he did was wire it to the brake light hit the brakes and bingo has a flashing brake light for the low low cost of around 30 bucks. not a bad idea from a guy who rides a Harley........ just putting the idea out there. Ron

Sure I have one of those LED lights that go under the bottom edge of the truck. I think it is 12 or 13 LEDs. I put a piece of Aluminum angle in back of it and one side of the angle is down. I mounted it in the center and hooked it in to the brake light. The local LEO said as long as it was hooked into the brake light I was legal.

It really throws a pattern of light you would literally have to be blind not to see it.:bluesbrother:

Hope that helps I could send a picture when I get home tonight if you like.

Bubber

... so please post photos. I ride with a yellow strobe light on the left and right faring below the turn signals, and above the headlight tilted up, and that works great for the ahead, and perfectly legal. Now I'll consider getting two in red for the back wired to my brake light. Good thinking for all of us, as I watch my rear at a light like a hawk!

Thanks for posting!

JackZ

:mo money:Ahhh, something else to spend for the 86 VR!!!

I have two small strobes mounted in the lenses on the trunk lightbar and I also have a small LED under the grill on the trunk, both wired into the brake circuit. The only time a LEO took issue was when I had strobes inside the tail light lens and he said I could not have a colored strobe. I showed him the strobes I had in my headlight and he did not take issue with that.

RandyA

Hey Bubber, What light did you use? Having a hard time findingone that will fit under trunk of 85.

Actually Black Owl turned me on to it in one of his posts about 3 months back.

I will look up the brand name and model and post this evening. OTAY?

LED taillight from Strobes& More 21 pattern flashing LEDs (RED)

Don't have the IP address. Do a search and it will show up.

:missingtooth:

Bubber

Edited by Bubber
added brand name

Bubber

Would this be the one Bubber?:

http://www.strobesnmore.com/whelen-slimlighter-ultra-led.html

Otay here is the picture of the strobe LED mounted in back under the long LED brake light.

It was flashing when I took the shot but not sure if is on or off. I haven't looked at it yet.

:255:

Bubber

looks great i just ordered the small 4 light pod im thinking i can replace the reflector by the licence plate with it im thinking there about the same size or close so the mod wont be to bad to do....I hope

looks great i just ordered the small 4 light pod im thinking i can replace the reflector by the licence plate with it im thinking there about the same size or close so the mod wont be to bad to do....I hope

You will be happy with it. Set the pattern to what you like, mine scrolls back and forth and is a real eye catcher. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

I beleive there is a vidio of the light on thr web site for those interested.

I will be real happy with mine that is for sure.

Bubber

You will be happy with it. Set the pattern to what you like, mine scrolls back and forth and is a real eye catcher. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

I beleive there is a vidio of the light on thr web site for those interested.

I will be real happy with mine that is for sure.

Bubber

How do you set the pattern? It looks like you apply energy to a wire, and that picks the next one. If so, could you also connect it to the brake wire so that every time you pull the brake the pattern changes? Or is there a random choice?

I need to check with my local LEO to see if it is legal here.

Dave

Bubber

Sheezzzz. I get blaimed for everything. :crying:

Sometimes I think my name must be Charlie Brown....

:mytruck:

How do you set the pattern? It looks like you apply energy to a wire, and that picks the next one. If so, could you also connect it to the brake wire so that every time you pull the brake the pattern changes? Or is there a random choice?

I need to check with my local LEO to see if it is legal here.

Dave

Well there is a blue and black wire(ground), touch the two together and the pattern changes. I went through all the patterns and there is a spot that you can actually turn it off so go do it again. The instructions are on the side of the box so don't throw it away.

AND YES Black Owl is the blame for pretty much everything! Happy now Mr. Owl?

LMFAO. Did I win the drawing yet?....... still holding my breath. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Bubber

Bubber,

What color did you get and did you use the bracket they sell to mount it?

I would imagine that getting the Red/Blue combo might get you in trouble with law enforcement.

I got red because blue is illegle in MN (so they tell me) and yes I got their bracket too. I figured for the money I couldn't make one that cheap and as nice.:crying:

Bubber :missingtooth: