IGNORED

Second Gen. Clutch Spring Kit Resolution!

skydoc_17

Hey All,

I have been in contact with EBC and they have admitted that they have shipped me Sub-Standard Diaphragm Clutch Springs that I used in my Clutch Spring Upgrade Kits. It seems we ordered so many springs in such a short time that the were forced to activate a second supplier, and that supplier used the wrong thickness of material for the Diaphragm Clutch Spring. EBC is going to replace EVERY defective Spring.

Here are the two options I can offer you at this point:

Option one is to Double up you old Clutch Diaphragm Spring and the new one that came with the kit and this will solve the clutch slippage problem once and for all. If this makes the "pull" on the clutch lever too heavy for you to handle, I understand that completely! I would suggest you use option two.

Option two would be for you to mail the Clutch Diaphragm Spring ONLY, (remove it from the plastic package and put it in a mailer envelope) back to me, here is my address:

Earl Harrell

115 Colony Court

Duncansville, Pa. 16635

Here is the "rub" with option two, EVERY Diaphragm Spring that EBC has in stock right now is Sub-Standard, Which means that they will need to make another production run of NEW springs with the proper thickness of material. This is not going to happen overnight!

So if your bike is down, you may want to double up on the spring for now, and when the new, correct springs start to arrive, I will post again, and you can swap out the doubled spring for the new, proper thickness spring.

Any one that has paid and not received a kit will receive their kit with the new, proper thickness Clutch Diaphragm Spring as soon as the new springs arrive.

I am very sorry for this problem, I don't make these springs myself and while I verified the part number for all of the springs I shipped, I didn't measure EVERY spring I sold. I can assure you, I will be measuring EVERY ONE from now on! When the Quality level of the Diaphragm Springs has returned, I will repost the Ads in the Classifieds for the MKII VR and Second Gen. RSV and RSTD kits again. The MKI kit uses a set of 6 compression springs instead of a single Diaphragm spring and there is nothing wrong with the MKI kit.

Thanks for your patience,

and Again, I apologize for this hassle.

Earl