IGNORED

Anyone ever try an Interstate Battery ?

KeithR

My battery is getting close on 5 years old so I figure for what its worth I should replace it. I haven't checked the price of the one from Yamaha but its listed in the U.S. for $115 so that will be $200 in my part of the world. I work at a Honda dealership and our car batteries are Interstate and so are a lot of other Imports...they just label them for what ever make. So I'm just wondering if anyone has ever tried using a Interstate M/C Battery?

Any Comments ?

Thanks

Keith

I put a new Interstate battery in my bike last year( bought it from a Harley Dealer) so far so good. But they have a couple of grades so I'm told. Any way this is only the second year for the battery so I can't talk about longevity.

Maybe you need to take a rode trip down into the US to get a deal.

Good Luck,

BOO

I've got an interstate in my buke now. Sealed type do the battery warning light stays on.(Ireally kneed to fix that but too lazy) Thjis has been in my bike for a little over 2 years. Now Im in NC so winter is not bad, but my wifes shadow had to have the trickle charger on it all winter if she wanted to ride but mine jusat sat there.

So far so good but watch me jinx myself now.

David

I aways used Interstate batteries in all my vehicles including my 1st Gen. I got 4 to 5 years out of them. There was an exact fit with probe and everything for the 1st Gen for approximately $75.00. I'm sure it will be another Interstate when I buy my next..... :2cents:

I haven't used an Interstate battery, but if you're looking for a less costly alternative to a stock battery from a dealer, Walmart batteries are absolutely the best bang for the buck. They're $70 for the Venture battery, and they're bulletproof.

I've used the (sealed) Walmart batteries in my last few bikes, and most of my friends use them now, also. They've always been the last battery we've had to put in (none have ever gone bad while we've had them). They're made in Taiwan.

On the other hand, I've had less than great luck with stock Yuasa batteries. To be fair, though, a lot of those sit in bikes in dealer showrooms getting discharged for months or years before going on a proper charging regimen.

The biggest mistake a lot of people make with a new battery is installing it and immediately using it, rather than slow-charging it first. That will destroy any chance a battery has for longevity.

My battery is getting close on 5 years old so I figure for what its worth I should replace it. I haven't checked the price of the one from Yamaha but its listed in the U.S. for $115 so that will be $200 in my part of the world. I work at a Honda dealership and our car batteries are Interstate and so are a lot of other Imports...they just label them for what ever make. So I'm just wondering if anyone has ever tried using a Interstate M/C Battery?

Any Comments ?

Thanks

Keith

I've used the Interstate batteries for years and like them...:happy34:

The only thing that I've found is they really need to be on a tender in the winter.

They don't seem to have a long life if you let them sit all winter...

I put on an one of the high priced gel batteries when my original gave up the ghost. That one died too not too long after that. The company replaced it, but the replacement didn't last more than a few months. Stranded me in Jersey but a local Wal-Mart had a battery that would fit. It has been running fine and I will probably use one the next time I have to do a change on a MC battery.

Guest HotMech

All of my Watercraft, have come with Yuasa Batteries. I have never yet replaced one.

The oldest one, i sold, with the original Yuasa. It was a 2000 Model Yamaha, I Sold in '06. It still started the machine just fine.

btw: I never use a tender, I never remove them for the "season". they stay put, in the boat, from Oct-May. Never a no start, never needed a charge to start, and never had to jumpstart.

Die Hards are Junk, Interstates are so so, no experience with the Odesey so far.

And don't waste your money on those new, Extreme batteries. Just more landfill.