IGNORED

RSTD Headlight Rim

I am a new member, having recently purchased a 2005 RSTD here in Australia. I have been looking at other members' photos of their bikes and reading all your comments looking for ideas to copy. One thing I have noticed in the photos is that my headlight rim seems to be different from all the photos of bikes owned by members in the US. Mine is just a plain round rim and the ones in the photos seem to have a built in hood that looks great. My question is: is this an accessory sold in US or do RSTDs sold in the US come standard with this rim? I am also wondering if anyone knows how I can find out if the hooded rim will fit my headlight. I know it's a big ask but a part number for the rim would be great. If anyone can provide me with this information, perhaps someone could also let me know if the rim can be bought in the US and where I could buy it. I could then contact them to find out details of the cost of the rim and shipping details to Australia. Thanks, Les.

Do a Goggle search for Star Parts , what your seeing is the hood's (Headlight Visor)for the headlight

and also some of us use the little hoods for the blinkers as well. you should have

no problem in ordering them. try eBay maybe? there not that expensive .

there are plenty of vender's out there that have them also. someone here will give

you a link most likely here soon.

good luck,

Jeff

Here ya go

http://www.google.com/search?q=Star%20parts%20Headlight%20Visor&btnG=Google+Search

I agree with shipper...they come standard. Did you get your second hand? If so, the previous owner may have swaped it out. Does yours look like the headlight on a Road Star?

Ok. sorry. The US current RSTD's have a hooded headlight rim, as does mine. There is also a visor which extends in front of the rim which is an accessory.

Thanks for the feedback to my question. My headlight does have a 7 inch sealed beam. I live in a country town and I think that next time I visit the city, I'll visit a Yamaha dealer and see if they have a listing on the US hooded headlight rim. If not, I'll try and contact a Yamaha dealer in the US and buy one that way. If I do that, I'll just have to hope it suits my headlight. Thanks again for your help. Les.