IGNORED

$1.55 Carb Sync Tool

remmertb

I made one of these and it works perfectly. I used old motor oil for the liquid. Sync #1 to #2, then plug those and sync #3 to #4. Then hook up tool to #2 and #4 to sync left side to right side (make sure to plug ports on #1 and #3).

:Im not listening towow so much info, you need to buy four Gage's. Tractor supply, Ford distributor restrictions for pulsations,(Available also at Napa ,Car quest) @eight feet of 1/8 windshield washer hose, and some of the knowledge gathered here. Also check the post for other fine suggestions. Cheers Michael..:innocent-emoticon:

Cost @ 10.00 can

• 2 years later...

I know old post. But I ran across a couple of vacuum gauges I had previously used to sync my FJ motor I had in a Legends Car. Best to connect all gauges to the same port to verify if they actually read correctly and the same.

On the thought of building a liquid type syncronizer I have seen this article before for the $1.55 tool. But when I saw pics of this thing actually built it is massive. Like 4-5' tall and a couple feet wide if you build it for 4 cyl. I had a thought what if you used say a 12" or so wide piece of PVC say 1" diam cap the ends and then install screw in ports. Fill the PVC with your fluid say auto trans fluid. Could you not use shorter hoses then like maybe 2ft long. Sure would make it easier to store.

Just for fun I'm building a digital sync tool out of old GM MAP sensors. I'll post with pics when it's done. I'm trying to get it to display wirelessly on a smart phone, but if not I'll just use an lcd screen. Stay tuned!

Tom