IGNORED

CQ CQ CQ all ham Ventureriders

kj4v

If you have been inactive like I was this is very cool! I chatted with London yesterday It works flawless and used the mike for my rockband game with usb on my laptop to do it with. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5afV-iNPTGA]YouTube- The Qsonet CQ100 Virtual Transceiver[/ame]

I heard India on this morning too. No QRM! try it for 90 days free and can even do CW with the keyboard but copy is by hand. If you join, email me and I will be your 1st QSO kj4v30701@gmail.com.......Ken

I'm not even sure if my license is still valid it's been so long since I've been on the radio. Used to use 2 Meter in the car but cell phones made it less of a necessity when I needed to call home. I guess you could call me a silent key ... _._ :think:

KC4NBU

I'm not even sure if my license is still valid it's been so long since I've been on the radio. Used to use 2 Meter in the car but cell phones made it less of a necessity when I needed to call home. I guess you could call me a silent key ... _._ :think:

KC4NBU

Your ticket expires 10-09-2010

:happy34:

Guest Ken8143

YEARS ago I was WB4FZC - worked 40 meters mostly. Sweet little Heathkit 90 watt am and cw transmitter that I assembled. Think the final amplifier was a 6146 right?

Been out of it so long I don't know how the call signs here in USA are configured. Used to be N for novice, then old timers had 2 digit suffixes, then W then K then WA etc prefixes. KJ and other prefixes are out of left field for me. So what are the conventions now a days for USA call signs? Is it still V for Canada?

ve3 is ontario, ve2 is quebec, ve1 is altlantic provinces, and v01 is marine.

like skid said, it would be cool to pick a time and meet up.

hey Ken, 6146 tubes, what heathkit did you have, i still have a hw101.

Ve3SCO (SCO for Scott)

Guest tx2sturgis

I've been semi-active on QSOnet for a couple of years....there is also another one that actually simulates fading and/or poor band conditions...its called Hamsphere. Hamsphere is open to non-licensed operators as well as licensed hams. It works on Windows and Mac!

http://www.hamsphere.com/

YU1AHX Another CQ junkie here, Mid 80's I was day's and nights chasing QSL's all over a world.

I was mostly active on 3,5 , 7, 14, and 21 meters band as well FM. Have my own build quad and dipol's antennas.use to own FT900 and Atlas 215 DX, ah what a memories. here they are:

http://www.davepick.btinternet.co.uk/atlas/atlasfph.jpg

http://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/hamhf/ft900.jpg

I have an Extra class license but I'm not as active on HF as I used to be. Motorcycles has taken up most of my spare time. The wife and I are active on 2 meter FM since we're on the road so much. Only dipole I have up now is an 80 meter so I still check in with the locals here on 3.830 in the mornings and sometimes a little 10 meter action...

Guest Ken8143
ve3 is ontario, ve2 is quebec, ve1 is altlantic provinces, and v01 is marine.

like skid said, it would be cool to pick a time and meet up.

hey Ken, 6146 tubes, what heathkit did you have, i still have a hw101.

Ve3SCO (SCO for Scott)

"So many years ago! Was it a DX60?

• 2 months later...

Don't know how I missed this thread. Played with that a little, my skills are far below the needed level to have a good qso there.

Run FTM-10 on both my bike and my wifes Vulcan, 2m in the house. 70cm in the truck . Locals are getting really active on 440 repeaters here. Even 220 is starting to win out over 2m again for some reason.

KV8OOA