IGNORED

how much air pressure for front and rear

I run 0lbs ( zero ) in the front and around 20lbs in the rear, I do plan on boosting the rear up a few lbs and maybe go 5lbs in the front...do not use a regular air pump to put air in the front...you will blow the seals!! and also, make sure that each fork has the exact same amount in them, find some one with a Progressive pump to do this..

I just picked up a 2000 RSV and front and rear suspension feel very stiff.

I was just courious what others are running for pressures.

Its a matter of preference, everyone will have their own prefs on this one..

I tend to do 5 in the front and 40 in the rear, keeps it stiff enough for me for what I like to do.. if I go zero zero I find the bike wallows.. but add some pressure and it tightens the bike up..

There is a lot of opinions about zero in the rear shock. Some say that is what kills the shock and others poopoo that and say no way. I have over 116,000 miles on my 02 RSMV and still have the original rear shock and I have always had 20psi or more. I can't say anymore than that.

:farmer:

About 5 front (I like a semi stiff ride) and 45 in the rear as we 2 up all the time. There is an aftermarket hookup that equalizes the 2 front forks that is basically a air line connected between the two so they balance out like the 1st gens do...

I run 5 in the fronts. It's not a matter of the roads I ride. It helps prevent bottoming of the forks in a quick/panic stop. My bike has the Progressive balancing kit, so it makes it easier to run the same pressure in both sides.

For the rears I started out adding up the weight on the bike. I then lopped off the last number and put that pressue in the shock. Now I just pump it up to 55 and leave it there.

I check the tire pressures way more often than the shocks.